Premier League Games 30/April, 1/2/3 May

Just said to my ERO five mins after the sending off that Vardy was hobbling around making it look as though he's terminally injured and the sending off was correct.

What I don't understand about VAR is that the decision is made and then checked. Why not make the decision AFTER you've checked it!
Yep ref could make a signal to say it’s being checked by var and do nothing at that point.
Then var can tell the ref to go and look if they are unsure.

I very much doubt he could do anything else with his leg after winning the ball.

That's the point.

If you lunge into a tackle in such a way that even when you get the ball first you follow through studs up into the opposition player's ankle, it's a red card.

I don't know why people still act like getting the ball first means it's a fair tackle.

Hmmm Southampton have been on the receiving end of a number of poor decisions leading to red cards makes you wonder ..

This isn't one of them.

Look at the contact on Vardy, that is a very dangerous attempt to win the ball, and it's a red even though he gets contact on the ball.

That's the point.

If you lunge into a tackle in such a way that even when you get the ball first you follow through studs up into the opposition player's ankle, it's a red card.

I don't know why people still act like getting the ball first means it's a fair tackle.

Because the player tried to win the ball in a manner that I didn't consider to be dangerous. When he started his stretch Vardy's leg wasn't it the position where he caught him after winning the ball.

By your definition it would seem that every time a player gets injured (not that Vardy was particularly injured) by a tackle of some sort, it should be a red card.

Strange how VAR didn't say to the ref you might want to have a look at that as he clearly wins the ball so harsh to say he's denied a goal scoring opportunity. Struggling see the point of it being there.

Because the player tries to win the ball in a manner that I didn't consider to be dangerous. When he started his stretch Vardy's leg wasn't it the position where he caught him after winning the ball.

By your definition it would seem that every time a player gets injured by a tackle of some sort, it should be a red card.

If you don't consider the contact on Vardy to be dangerous then I never want to be on a football pitch with you. It's an out of control lunge, it's studs up, it starts on the ankle, and rides up his shin.

Vardy is lucky he's not injured.

That's a dangerous challenge. Players can get injured in normal, fair, challenges so no, I don't think any injury means a red, but this wasn't a safe attempt on the ball.

If an opposition player made this contact on KDB tomorrow, 99% of the forum would be screaming bloody murder.

If you don't consider the contact on Vardy to be dangerous then I never want to be on a football pitch with you. It's an out of control lunge, it's studs up, it starts on the ankle, and rides up his shin.

That's a dangerous challenge. Players can get injured in normal, fair, challenges, but this wasn't one of them.
Disagree with all of that.

That's a dangerous challenge. Players can get injured in normal, fair, challenges, but this wasn't one of them.

He wins the ball while stretching and there is nowhere else for his leg to go. Not an out of control lunge or dangerous challenge in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.