Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont buy papers or watch the sports news etc . But I have no reason to disbelieve what fellow posters are posting about the British press/media.

The press/media need to be very careful in backing this riot, luckily no one was killed yesterday but if the press/media keep bigging up these rioters things could get very nasty.

If the rioters think the press/media are supporting their behaviour, the riots behaviour will only get worst.

Souness has always been very impressive with a real moral compass in these situations.
I remember he was a pundit at Heysel and was speaking about what a tragedy it was when others were playing down the deaths and wanting to talk about the football.
He was still a player in those days having gone to Italy.
Souness getting slagged off by some of the media, they are saying for not knowing what he was talking about during the panel discussions , can you believe that ?
How can excuses be made for their thuggery , some rags went there with good intentions to let their feelings known ,but the fact is it wasn't a friendly demonstration in the end .
If it was millwall they (the media) would be wanting them kicked out of the league , talk about double standards .

British media in full rag propaganda mode today led by Simon ‘Goebbels’ Stone, they are the new suffragettes,tolpuddle martyrs, Peterloo heroes saving the rags from the evil yank imperialists, lets hope they build a statue in Albert Square of some scruffy Ordsall **** in Adidas tracky bottoms and Joe Bloggs sweatshirt, it would only be right and fitting!
Great comment. But should have said 'zebra tacky bottoms' ;)

And interesting that he’s doing it on a station owned by Sky. I’m sure they won’t have been entirely happy with Neville yesterday
If Sky can manage to keep the 'Anti ESL' narrative front & centre, it suits their PL survival agenda. Make no bones about it, the ESL would have all but finished them off if they weren't the preferred media partner.

No way will Sky want to push the narrative that this was anything other than an anti ESL protest about greedy, self serving owners... The same self serving owners who set up the fucking Premier League & made Sky what it is today. :-|

What should happen after the events of yesterday should be some if not all of the following:
1 Neville and Caragher sacked from Sky and Neville banned from being involved with the running of any club as he clearly shouldn’t pass the fit and proper test

2 scum fined £10m
3 scum deducted a minimum of three points
4 scum forced to play three games behind closed doors from the time full stadiums are aloowed
5 scum fans banned from away games for two full seasons
6 numerous arrests to be made for those who caused criminal damage and trespass with minimum jail sentences of three years handed out and lifetime bans from all football grounds

What will happen is the following:
1 none of the above

Utd under the Glazers were winning things - no complaints from the fans.

This is all about utd not winning stuff, fucks me off that they drag "football integrity" into this, how they want us all to support them. Fuckoff, you're leeches and even in this moment you want to use "football" for your own gain.

I hope corporate America eats you up, we've been warning about it for years, whilst you've been slagging off our owners in the most disgusting ways.

The bottom line in this is that fans were violent rioters because their team isn't winning things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.