Long weekend in Istanbul at end of May - Turkey on Govt Red List

Doesn't the red list thing get reviewed the week before the final anyway? UEFA might try and use that as leverage, I wouldn't bet on them moving it yet. They are scum, after all.
The club won't be able to sell tickets until it comes off the red list though so people won't be able to plan to go if it does stay in Istanbul

Where do you get 50% capacity from, at present it's 25% or 10k, whichever is lower - unless it's a govt. test event like the FA Cup final.

It will immediately become a test event, but regardless of the %, a bigger stadium is better.

For the record I think UEFA will move it but not to the UK.

I think it will be St. Petersburg or Budapest. St Petersburg is next year's host, the Puskas arena has already hosted a ton of games this CL when red list have gotten involved.

Both Russia and Hungary are on the amber list, both will allow fans.

Financially, I dont think its worth UEFA moving it from their point of view. Maybe with a full house but not with 10k, 20k. Half their tickets are freebies to sponsors anyway and they'll have to source suitable hotels for staff, sponsors and guests. All their branding etc.

Just can't see them moving it. They'll get enough in with the locals.

Any experts on quarantine out there? Can I either a) fly home via somewhere on the Amber list and quarantine and then quarantine for 10 days at home, or b) fly home and then straight to Portugal for 10 days to quarantine there?

A) yes, spending 10 days in an amber or green country will mean your time spent in a red country is effectively null and void. Amber would mean a further 10 days home isolation when back in the UK as you say.

B) this is dodgy and I'm not sure where you'd stand....it might be ok if the flight leaves for Portugal a few hours after arrival from Istanbul but I'm really unsure how this would be viewed by the border force. As it would be 2 completely separate flights and not a through ticket then I think you could be liable to being frogmarched to a Government airport hotel at the incredible low price of £1750.

Much better off just going from Turkey to Portugal, just be aware of any possible quarantine or isolation rules for arrivals into Portugal from Turkey.

If UEFA insist this still goes ahead in Istanbul, what little that is left of their reputation will be in complete tatters

Financially, I dont think its worth UEFA moving it from their point of view. Maybe with a full house but not with 10k, 20k. Half their tickets are freebies to sponsors anyway and they'll have to source suitable hotels for staff, sponsors and guests. All their branding etc.

Just can't see them moving it. They'll get enough in with the locals.

Any experts on quarantine out there? Can I either a) fly home via somewhere on the Amber list and quarantine and then quarantine for 10 days at home, or b) fly home and then straight to Portugal for 10 days to quarantine there?

It’s not about UEFA making money, they’ve already missed out on a full stadium final in 2020. It’s about them showing them some love to football fans after a year without fans in stadiums. They can go back to making money next year when hopefully everything is normal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.