Long weekend in Istanbul at end of May - Turkey on Govt Red List

A) yes, spending 10 days in an amber or green country will mean your time spent in a red country is effectively null and void. Amber would mean a further 10 days home isolation when back in the UK as you say.

B) this is dodgy and I'm not sure where you'd stand....it might be ok if the flight leaves for Portugal a few hours after arrival from Istanbul but I'm really unsure how this would be viewed by the border force. As it would be 2 completely separate flights and not a through ticket then I think you could be liable to being frogmarched to a Government airport hotel at the incredible low price of £1750.

Much better off just going from Turkey to Portugal, just be aware of any possible quarantine or isolation rules for arrivals into Portugal from Turkey.
Do you not get fined for going for pleasure not business though

I know people saying Villa park doesn’t meet final criteria but that’s in a normal world and season
Makes perfect sense

Do you not get fined for going for pleasure not business though

Nope, no fines.

Even though the Gov don't want people travelling to red list countries, and will use the hotel quarantine on return as a deterrent, there's nothing actually stopping people going.

Can even get specific insurance for trips like that.

Nope, no fines.

Even though the Gov don't want people travelling to red list countries, and will use the hotel quarantine on return as a deterrent, there's nothing actually stopping people going.

Can even get specific insurance for trips like that.
Oh never knew that if I get a ticket will still go then and quarantine in Portugal or similar

I’d guess it won’t be moved cos they couldn’t care less about the 8k fans and only care about the corporate lot that will be attending.
Which means them travelling over here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.