Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

We’ll be champions before we play again on Friday, but even so very very poor from pep and every player. Just no idea what he was thinking picking that team. His slack attitude to the match was passed onto the players

and don’t get me started on that **** Taylor. Salah or Rashford are given that penalty every single time

Poor all round. Key moments, Sergio fuck up, Rodri doing what he often does, gets caught in possession... then Taylor’s brainfart decision for a 100% penalty on Sterling. Then slack at the end. Very poor performance, worst of the season for me. I don’t understand why so many changes, we don’t play again until Friday night.

Nothing to do with team selection, the title was there for taking but the desire seemed to be missing today.

We haven’t got the pace to match them, even with a full strength team. That won’t necessarily be the deciding factor, but their style is a major inconvenience to us, 50/50.
Thats the worry. James played himself in to the final today. We have no match at lb.

I don't like the mentality these games don't matter. Last I checked the title's not won yet and we shouldn't be so arrogant to assume it's a formality. Very very poor showing.

There's no shame in losing to a good side. There is shame in a performance like that when the title's at stake.

I said it in the prematch thread that team selection has left us vulnerable to a psychological advantage going into the final. So it has come to pass, having said we almost got away with it, his Aguero had struck that pen properly I think we would have won.

There’s no advantage for Chelsea. They’ve played against a weakened City team twice in three weeks now. If our first team played today and struggled to break them down, then that is a real physiological advantage.

I'm not gonna blame Sergio, he has more than enough credit in his account for me. I'm a bit pissed off with Pep but we're still winning the Prem and this result has no bearing on the CL final...it might even give Chelsea false confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.