Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

An absolutely horrible game from both sides, Chelsea won it because they had more first teamers on the pitch. When we make that many changes it's just too much, even Cheltenham gave our reserves a game.

Some players out there today I have no words for. They looked like they'd played last night, never mind being rested.

Sergio you'll always be a legend but you wanted to be a Billy big bollocks today and it's cost your team.

Mendy, awful, Torres invisible. The winning goal Ake has to stop the run, minutes to go you don't let him past you. Our defenders statues in the middle. I'm hoping the rags fuck up because the way we're fucking about we could do a Devon Loch moment here.

This rotation has backfired because now we have to go stronger unless the rags drop points before our next game.

I'm now, after playing them twice under Tuchel, not as confident about the final
Not true imo. Chelsea won it because Aguero decided this game was a joke and an opportunity to dick about. That changed the game right there. It would have been dead.

Stop blaming Pep. We had a solid team out there and we could have been 2-0 up before half time.

The league is won and Pep is trying something else to understand a bit more how Chelsea plays. It's not going to be the same in the CL Final. If Chelsea believe winning today means winning the CL Final they are in for a big surprise.

Pep needed to rest players and this game was not the end of the line for us. We afforded to lose it.

But that Aguero Penalty was really bad! I don't want to remember him with that Penalty! I hope he plays again and scores so that we forget about this Penalty.

Ake I thought was solid, Mendy was the problem. But definitely Dias playing on the left and Stones on the right will change the CL Final.

Cancelo was also poor today, even Rodri. I cannot put this on Pep. The players did not step up in the right way.

For me too many of that team know they’re not playing CL final.
Quality and control shit today.
I think personally the way forward is going to be to make room in the squad for some of the u23 to step up.

I’d say goodbye this summer to:
Mendy, Jesus, Sergio, Torres and sterling

Best thing I can say about this game is that several players have absolutely guaranteed they won’t be anywhere near the starting 11 in three weeks time, looking at you Mendy and Aguero. That certainly makes things easier for Pep.

We are gonna win the league, in all likelihood before we even kick a ball again and we will be deserved winners, but what a fuck up that was on the stroke of half time. The first time in ten years when he wanted it to be about him than about the team. Sad to see.
Think Pep should have realised after the Leeds match. Do agree that hopefully he will replace those not fit to wear the sky blue

I'm very angry at the moment. We had a chance to win the League, and Pep plays the reserves again. Why? The CL final isn't for three weeks, so why rest players?
That's twice our reserves have lost to Chelsea, and it's not looking good for the CL final. It's gives them a mental advantage over us.
I haven't a clue what Sergio was thinking with that awful penalty, the goalie had time to lie on the floor and get up again by the time the ball got to him, and the way Rodri gave the ball away for their first goal was criminal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.