Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

Very odd game and arguably our worst performance of the season. Still struggling to work out what the formation was and if it was meant to be a 343 it certainly didn’t look like it. Mendy has potentially thrown away his chance of being on the bench for the rest of the season, looked like he was playing with weights in his boots. Shadow of a player unfortunately. Don’t understand what was going through Sergio’s head with the penalty and equally don’t understand what was going through Taylor’s head when he didn’t give the penalty other than ‘I’m not letting the bastards win it on my watch’. Poor refereeing throughout and was quite happy to blow when we went near them but happy to on when they went through us. Disappointed to not win league today but fingers crossed Villa or Leicester can help out although I am not sure they will. Dippers will have given up as well so the twats could be four behind before we play again. Looks like we will have to win it at Newcastle again. Want to see Foden, Silva, Mahrez, Ferny, Gundogan start next week as well as Zinchenko Stones and Walker. Chuck in Dias, Sterling (assuming KDB not quite 100%) and Ederson and it’s good enough to win

The psychological advantage for Tuchel will be huge. They will feel very confident in beating us in the final. If Tuchel had been manager from the start of the season the season would've gone down to the wire. We're lucky he took over mid season. For me Chelsea are a better team than us right now. Brilliant in defense and could've easily scored 5-6 today. Pep has pressure on himself with a diabolical team selection.

Torres didnt do anything wrong today. He didnt do anything. Totally anonymous. Not helped by being played completely out of position.

Well if I wanted to break into a team and I was playing for the title I would be running my bollocks off trying to show a bit of something. Unfortunately he isn't bringing anything to the team and he should be nowhere near it.

We had five days recovery from PSG, yes everyone ran their arse in to the ground in that game we all know that. We have a six day break before Newcastle now, so our strongest line up should've started tonight try to get it sewn up then rotate heavily at Newcastle. This was the Leeds home game all over, the reserves just not stepping up to the plate, Torres, Jesus, Sterling, Mendy should never be playing against the top teams. Sell Mendy and Jesus this summer if possible, Sterling also if a good offer comes in.

I think it was more about giving players game time and keeping the squad happy.

Today was our second most important game after the CL final. He literally could have played any players in any formation in our remaining league games if we had won.

Some of these players don’t deserve a game at the minute and if that upsets them then so be it.

Would’ve been nice to win the league today, but not a massive deal to have not done.

What would’ve been a bigger issue is if wed have put out our strongest side today and lost imo, that could have had a big psychological impact on us ahead of the final. Looking at the long run our strongest side is still an unknown entity to Chelsea ahead of the final which I’d take as a positive from today’s game

What's with the home form this season? 4 defeats and (IIRC) two draws. 16 points gone west. Yes; the away form has been exceptional, to counter that. But it's still frustrating to lose that many points at home. And yes; I'm aware that other teams have also been mediocre on their own patches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.