Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

Now that I’ve calmed down from that debacle that was I think I’ve worked out Pep’s logic. We’re going to win the league and I believe Pep‘s thinking is that he was willing to sacrifice the FA Cup the other week in pursuit of the Champions League, trying to avoid fixture congestion. He was willing to sacrifice us securing the title today for a twofold reason, one, to lure Chelsea into a false pretence that they can beat us. And, two, to get our players so angry that come final day our true best 11 will be so wound up and motivated for revenge that we will romp it. The man’s a genius!!

For all those wondering about the Cl final please note neither this or the semi will have any bearing whatsoever to the result. If anything it might do us a favour because only over confidence or nerves can stop us beating them. We can’t do anything about nerves no matter what the result was today.
If all things were performed in a vacuum I'd agree. But they aren't and 2 wins against us will not do them any harm at all going into the 3rd match

This was about getting some miles into the players who have been out for a while or only sub game time.
Think most will be playing on Friday night as the players who played chumps league need to recover and probably play the game after then off until the final.
Today's team looked all about getting 9 more players up to match fit, we all saw the team and scratched our heads trying to get who was going where.
By chumps league final Pep will need subs who can step in and not let him down due to fitness.
By the hour mark today we were blowing and almost got away with a draw.
Wanted to see it won today with a full strength side but not to be.
Sure I read in the book on Pep in Germany where he likes a 10 day down time for players who have played a long run of game's so today makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.