Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

What I am most disappointed about is the continued poor form of the fringe players. Individually, they have been poor pretty much every game they have played in the last month or so. Worrying that we could end up having to rely on one or two of them in the final.
Not sure it was the players more like the system. 3 at the back with just one recognised midfielder was asking for trouble and it showed.
What Pep will have noticed, i hope, because i did, is that Mendy is too slow and Ake and Torres aren't at our level yet.
I did think Jesus caused them trouble though and i noticed they don't like it when we played a more up tempo game ie when Foden and Gundo came on.

Anyway i'm over it already and if the talk now is going to be of how Tuchel has got Pep's number, that's good for us!

Amen brother.
I was apoplectic at the time as I really wanted to win today. Title over with and a marker down to Chelsea but after everything he’s done for us I cannot find it in myself to be angry at the maestro.
We’ll win it before our next game.
I love this club.

it was a sickner but like you say - we can win it next game. Sergio deserves our support

Now that I’ve calmed down from that debacle that was I think I’ve worked out Pep’s logic. We’re going to win the league and I believe Pep‘s thinking is that he was willing to sacrifice the FA Cup the other week in pursuit of the Champions League, trying to avoid fixture congestion. He was willing to sacrifice us securing the title today for a twofold reason, one, to lure Chelsea into a false pretence that they can beat us. And, two, to get our players so angry that come final day our true best 11 will be so wound up and motivated for revenge that we will romp it. The man’s a genius!!
I need you to talk to my wife about why I'm having an affair.

In the grand scheme of things today's result although disappointing doesn't really matter, I don't blame pep resting the lads who put everything in against PSG to avoid injuries and bring them back for the Newcastle game. We'll probably already have the league in the bag by then anyway when them red tossers drop points over the next few days.

That's the worst thing from today. He has to go full strength now v Newcastle.
I think one or two have forgot we still need 3 points to win the League.

And before anyone says it.

I am not comfortable with automatically assuming the Rags wont win all their remaining games for us to secure the Title.

We need to assume they will win the lot,and we need 3 points from our next game.

Many seem to forget that not only were we playing a much better and harder running team than the ageing snails that Chelsea faced midweek, our game was also played in much worse weather conditions and against a team of raging psychos who eventually set about trying to maim us once they went 2-0 down.
Rotation after a game like that is inevitable.
This time tomorrow we may already be confirmed as champions. If not then Kelechi will do us another good turn on Tuesday. Or even more hilariously the red shite Ryanair derby handing us the title on Thursday. Three chances to win it before we even play again.
Oh and if people are demanding Sergio issues a public apology for missing a good chance then some of his teammates would have lost their voices weeks ago if asked to do the same
Agree. We’ve no idea of the impact Tuesday would’ve had. It was draining just watching it. Our players are human with the same mental frailties as the rest of us. For those saying the ‘2nd team’ should’ve stepped up & proved a point, that isn’t easy. I couldn’t do it with confidence in my job if I knew I was the b team. And they very nearly did it. Only head scratcher now I’ve calmed down was why a change wasn’t made at HT. The missed pen was always going to fire up CFC & Pep should have gone 4 at the back and given rodri support. But he’s human and full of adrenaline like us all. Looking forward to the final now. Don’t think zouma, azpilicueta and Silva will handle our movement. Pep has now had a very good look at Werner, ziyech and pulisic against a 1 man midfield.

Tuchel isn’t stupid, he will know he’s not played our best team playing the best they can in either recent game. He will be grateful for the points but will have no illusions that 29th May will be an entirely different proposition. A few on here might like to consider that.
Looking forward to seeing Villa stuff rags tomorrow, so while a bit miffed tonight, we WILL be champions and Champions of Europe.

Now that I’ve calmed down from that debacle that was I think I’ve worked out Pep’s logic. We’re going to win the league and I believe Pep‘s thinking is that he was willing to sacrifice the FA Cup the other week in pursuit of the Champions League, trying to avoid fixture congestion. He was willing to sacrifice us securing the title today for a twofold reason, one, to lure Chelsea into a false pretence that they can beat us. And, two, to get our players so angry that come final day our true best 11 will be so wound up and motivated for revenge that we will romp it. The man’s a genius!!
A lot of if's there. Alternatively Pep's over thinking it again. Maybe its actually the desire of our best 11 wanting to win the Final that's driving performances like PSG and not Pep at all? Just a thought..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.