#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The injuries have obviously effected him but those apart , is he any good?

He injured his knee, not his brain, not his ability to understand football.

He is not a very intelligent player on the pitch for me, and is simply a poor signing.
His complete lack of intelligence was shown in full at Wolves when he dawdled about on the goal line waiting for the ball to go out of play, next few seconds and we concede a goal.

GET RID ASAP.

They kept on attacking from our left and our left back was missing or was out of position entire 2nd half. When he was there got rinsed and players ran past him. And first reaction of him is to push the opponents and make clumsy foul which he failed to yesterday
Paceos kne thing not using your brain is other

I remember in 2017 how Salah schooled him number of times - before Mane was sent off.

So he wasn't anything before the injuries and still isn't after...

I thought after last year`s wolves performance it was enough for Pep - but we still have pleasure to experience his performances in FA cup semi-final or important PL matches..

Someone wrote that this guy won a lottery and that's the fact.

I won't be surprised to see him next season as well - if past seasons and failures were not enough, why it would change this year.. :D

I remember in 2017 how Salah schooled him number of times - before Mane was sent off.

So he wasn't anything before the injuries and still isn't after...

I thought after last year`s wolves performance it was enough for Pep - but we still have pleasure to experience his performances in FA cup semi-final or important PL matches..

Someone wrote that this guy won a lottery and that's the fact.

I won't be surprised to see him next season as well - if past seasons and failures were not enough, why it would change this year.. :D

Very much so. We gave him a 6 year deal I think, so I doubt he'll be in a hurry to leave, whilst from our perspective I can't imagine that anyone would be willing to pay a fee for him of any kind. Nice guy, but one of our worst ever signings in terms of value for money. His positional play yesterday was downright embarrassing

He was like a statue yesterday, defensively abysmal. Lost count the number of times James just ran past him yesterday and left him trailing in his shadows.

Sell him for peanuts.
£5m? £7m?
Let him go and stay in France. He has no place here. At midtable club withess scrutiny and less expectations he can redeem himself a bit to have half decent career at mid table team

If Pep can't improve you as a player, there's something very wrong with you.

He sustained the injury by tackling with his ‘wrong’ foot, so that his knee joint was exposed to being bent outside to in. I’ve seen him try to tackle like that on 3 or 4 occasions since as well. No learning curve whatsoever
Exactly and furthermore there was no need to make that challenge at the time. Brainless and always will be.

He has a complete lack of positional sense and his lack of pace for a full back is so noticeable, wingers don’t need to drop a shoulder or do anything to get past him. His running gait is shot and it looks like his time as a top flight player is over. Such a shame as he was a player I was really excited about when we signed him.

Sell him for peanuts.
£5m? £7m?
Let him go and stay in France. He has no place here. At midtable club withess scrutiny and less expectations he can redeem himself a bit to have half decent career at mid table team
I think it will cost us more in wage subsidies to sell him this year than it would to keep him. No one will buy him. His wages are probably £10m over the next 2 years (gulp) and I doubt we could get shut of him for less then that. We won’t be receiving any transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.