Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

Sterling, Wendy, Jesus, and Torres are the formula for the last 3 defeats if I’m not mistaken. Semi, Leeds and yesterday. Of course I’m not saying they’re the reason just the common link.
Agreed. We picked a very weakened side. Plus Ake hasn't played in awhile.

The simple maths after yesterday’s last minute deafeat

before the game ,Utd needed to win all at their last five games to have a hope of winning the title

after the game ,Utd still have to win all
Of their games to win the title

Because of our goal difference they still need 14 points but with 5 games left this is impossible they can only get 13 or 15 points

No panic
Hopefully done this afternoon

I know. It’s not like Tuchal will be thinking “oh this is a curveball. I wonder if Pep is going to play three at the back and one in midfield in the final”
There’s a difference between their manager knowing how we’ll set up, and him and his players experiencing it first hand for 90 minutes.

I'm not sure that this has ever been proven to be true. Many top sportspeople have the mentality to learn from defeats and not dwell on them. If there was a measurable advantage we would see some correlation with the team winning the first leg of a 2-leg knockout stage often going on to win the 2nd leg. There's just no evidence of this.

An example of this is the 2017 CL where PSG didn't appear to show any psychological edge over Barcelona despite going into the return fixture with a 4 goal advantage. If there was any psychological advantage to PSG it was so small as to be immeasurable.
For me it was demonstrated as to why City, with the better team over that whole period including Kompany, David Silva, Yaya, prime Aguero, De Bruyne were never able to win at Anfield. There was a mental fragility about City playing Liverpool at Anfield and you can argue about luck, refs, VAR, crowd influence or whatever. Liverpool held a significant psychological edge over us at their place until we finally managed to break the hoodoo earlier this year.

There’s a difference between their manager knowing how we’ll set up, and him and his players experiencing it first hand for 90 minutes.

Yeah imagine experiencing it and being on the end of a 3-0 drubbing. Can’t imagine that would have done their confidence too much good. Anyway it’s done now. Let’s hope this smokescreen works.

I would have played a team to get Sterling firing. Playing such a XI almost certainly leads to defeat, and that is never a good thing. I know it was very close in the end but I'd still have used the game to rehabilitate Sterling. That would have been the most valuable outcome from the game.

I though do not know how far into the red some City players were. CFC lost Christensen. What if we had lost Foden or Walker?

I am surprised there hasn't been speculation about KDB.
On the Kev point let's just hope it is a tightness. Honestly, even a typical season you'd expect some players to be playing through niggles and tightness at this point, and if we can get key players playing without those for the final it'll be grand. Agree that we could do with a confident Sterling and Jesus for the final, even if only to come off the bench. For me the next three league games are important for getting those two firing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.