Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

“Sufficient number of hotel rooms for UEFA and its partners......” They missed this bit off for some reason:
“The fans of the 2 competing clubs, however, can get to fuck as we don’t give a shit about them. That’s why we block book all the hotel rooms in the host city each year just before we’ve even announced which city is hosting the final!”
That is so true, the priority for uefa will be uefa "dignitaries" (insert own word), sponsors, host city VIP's, others, fans of the teams playing. A quick look on the hotel booking websites still show the best Istanbul hotels being unavailable and London prices for similar not having gone up/unavailable. Obviously that might change in the next day or two but if the uefa travel dept were looking to change then availability might have changed but that assumes they might be doing some overtime this weekend for something that is only 3 weeks away

The problem with Wembley is that with all the finals, semi finals etc there’s just no novelty to it. I’d prefer any other ground in the U.K. tbh as long as they still allowed a decent number of fans to attend.
Even with restrictions Wembley can allow the most fans in.

Playing an English side at Wembley won't feel much like a Champions League Final. It will feel a lot like a domestic cup game especially as we played the same team there in an FA Cup SF only a couple of weeks ago.

I'd prefer it to be played abroad so it actually has the feel of a European cup final but if it's between Wembley and keeping it in Istanbul with no fans allowed then I'll take it.
Mate, in ordinary times I would agree with you but during a pandemic life and safety play a more important factor than romantic sentimentality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.