Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

We're certainly not their foremost concern, but I think there are a lot of things that need consideration to be able to facilitate a move, particularly at this late stage.

I think some people think it's as simple as cancelling a reservation at a restaurant and booking another restaurant for the same night.

Before any move to Wembley can happen, the EFL needs to make alternative arrangements for the play-off final. This can take time as they seek alternative stadia, corporate, broadcasting and advertising arrangements.

If Wembley gets the green light then UEFA, in turn, needs to sort out its own corporate, broadcasting and advertising arrangements. It needs to come up with a new design for how the stadium will be decked out on the day, re-route and redesign its merchandise for the occasion.

UEFA will need to enter dialogue with the Westminster government about quarantine arrangements for the various nationalities that will be coming over to watch/cover the game. This will need to be a detailed breakdown of numbers from respective countries, expected arrival dates, expected departure dates. UEFA need to sort out accommodation and transport for the thousands of people travelling and then diseminate that information.

UEFA then needs to examine its contract with the Turkish FA/government and come to an amicable agreement both in terms of finance and future hosting of the event. UEFA then needs to find the money to compensate Turkey.

The UK government needs to give UEFA indication as to how many tickets it can sell for the event and a pricing structure needs to be agreed. Hosting it at Wembley likely means that FEWER tickets will be sold than if it was hosted at the Ataturk Stadium. UEFA needs to engage both clubs about how many tickets each will receive for the event.

The FA needs to agree with UEFA how much money it will take for the use of Wembley.

The FA needs to sort out its match-day operation and ensure enough staff are available.

The Met Police will need to be informed and arrangements made. The policing will need to take into account the vast number of ticketless fans who would likely turn up (particularly from Chelsea) and how Covid might affect how the event is policed.

Rumour has it that Wembley will allow 22,500 people to attend. In Turkey, they're looking at 25,000. They might argue that more members of the public will be in attendance at the Ataturk than Wembley, albeit not fans from the clubs. At the absolute best, each club might get 4,000 tickets at Wembley, half of which will go to non-fans.

When you examine all of the above, the case for moving it to Wembley for the benefit of a very, very small number of genuine fans is severely weakened. The only reason for it not to take place in Istanbul is Covid-related which, in isolation, is a good enough reason alone until you realise that moving it to Wembley presents exactly the same problem with the numbers of outsiders coming into this country.

This is not an easy problem for the organisers to solve and I think any attempts to keep it in Turkey with special dispensation and strict Covid rules for the travelling parties is understandable.
I'd like to see the euros cancelled and our game played later, perhaps August if fans can safely travel. Whatever they decide at the moment will be inconvenient for some.

I'd like to see the euros cancelled and our game played later, perhaps August if fans can safely travel. Whatever they decide at the moment will be inconvenient for some.
so you want 50 games cancelled so we can play the final with fans, im sure uefa would be more than happy to do that

Obviously they won't do that, but for myself I couldn't give a shit about internationals.

Well I do care about internationals and I am a City ST holder.
We have to get on with things.
If the match has to take place with a reduced attendance, it is what it is.
If you are waiting for full normality, even with the vaccine rollout, being realistic, you are waiting until next year.

I don't think that the league stadiums will be full capacity at the start of next season, either.

The quote you have used is under the heading 'The Guardian gets it woefully wrong' and is from article in the Guardian which that webpage you have linked to clearly states is bollocks.

In response to that article the below is said:

You refer to Liverpool FC as the Catholic team and Everton FC as protestant. Where did you get that from?

Today the sectarian divide between the teams no longer exists except as a memory. But when it did exist Everton was always seen as the catholic team and Liverpool as the protestant team.

Much like City and United there is no Sectarian divide between the Liverpool clubs.
Interesting enough it refers to both clubs as having been set up by Protestant businessmen but I think before you can state whether or which was more catholic or Protestant you have to analyse the support, the choice of club colours is also indicative. Anyway apologises for side tracking the thread but it is an intriguing insight into historical influences.

Well I do care about internationals and I am a City ST holder.
We have to get on with things.
If the match has to take place with a reduced attendance, it is what it is.
If you are waiting for full normality, even with the vaccine rollout, being realistic, you are waiting until next year.

I don't think that the league stadiums will be full capacity at the start of next season, either.
Why won’t they be at full capacity? Genuinely interested. Why not? Roadmap says June 21st return to no restrictions on large gatherings. Why by August wouldn’t we be back to normal and full stadia? Everyone had at least one jab, most two. Boosters planned for Sept. so what then are we waiting for?

Why won’t they be at full capacity? Genuinely interested. Why not? Roadmap says June 21st return to no restrictions on large gatherings. Why by August wouldn’t we be back to normal and full stadia? Everyone had at least one jab, most two. Boosters planned for Sept. so what then are we waiting for?

the government hasnt committed to have 100% capacity at the Euros semi finals and final.
they are after June 21st.
a lot of festivals have been cancelled because they can’t get insurance. In theory, we have no restrictions after June 21st, but there is no Glastonbury and I can mention other events.

I hope we are back at 100% next season but I doubt it at the start.

the government hasnt committed to have 100% capacity at the Euros semi finals and final.
they are after June 21st.
a lot of festivals have been cancelled because they can’t get insurance. In theory, we have no restrictions after June 21st, but there is no Glastonbury and I can mention other events.

I hope we are back at 100% next season but I doubt it at the start.
I think the Euros are somewhat different because of the potential number of overseas visitors and UEFA asking for MINIMUM guarantees some months before the event. Some events are cancelled but many are still planned to go ahead. Personally I can’t think what would be different in say December/January that won’t be in August and the prem and EFL are both planning for full stadia. Maybe I just need to believe it will be full?

I think the Euros are somewhat different because of the potential number of overseas visitors and UEFA asking for MINIMUM guarantees some months before the event. Some events are cancelled but many are still planned to go ahead. Personally I can’t think what would be different in say December/January that won’t be in August and the prem and EFL are both planning for full stadia. Maybe I just need to believe it will be full?
Well, the season tickets ( and festivals) are being sold on the basis they will be full.
can always refund people (minus booking fees and having sat on the working capital) down the line.

maybe I am a cynic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.