#10 | Sergio Agüero - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s to say had he hit a clean shot, he’d not have missed anyway? He’s missed 14 penalties in his time with us and we’ve missed 9 in two seasons as a team. But Kun had been 100% from the spot with panenkas that he’s done three times before and scored each time (Swansea away, Wolves last one in a shoot-out, Shalke at home).

He might have hit it more cleanly than he’s ever hit one before and the ‘keeper might have saved it, or it might have hit the post.

At least he hit the target, unlike de Bruyne against Liverpool haha

All hypothetical,like my post and like the responses I've had

Don’t know what Aguero was thinking, just smash it Sergio.

Love him to bits as he gave me my best moment ever in football.

He wasn't happy with Sterling taking away what would have been his goal and tried to be too clever. You need to have a clear head before taking penalties.

He wasn't happy with Sterling taking away what would have been his goal and tried to be too clever. You need to have a clear head before taking penalties.
It wasn't the first time he adopted that technique either.

Sterling was 100% right to finish that chance after Agüero’s touch let him down, Kun would have done the exact same thing if the roles were reversed so I don’t think that was the issue

In recent weeks, since the announcement that City would not be renewing Agüero’s contract, Guardiola has been lavish with his praise: “What a player, what a man . . . a top legend, an extraordinary player . . . I love him as a man”, etc. Sometimes the praise has been slightly clumsy, as when, after beating PSG, he thanked Agüero in a list of former players that also included Joe Hart, David Silva and Vincent Kompany.

Yet for all these words, the fact that Agüero would apologise for the simple act of missing a penalty suggests he felt unsupported. It’s remarkable that you can do as much for a club as Agüero has for City, and still, in the end, feel alone.

Have to agree. Felt a bit sick when I saw that he'd put out an apology. FFS.

Last edited:

In recent weeks, since the announcement that City would not be renewing Agüero’s contract, Guardiola has been lavish with his praise: “What a player, what a man . . . a top legend, an extraordinary player . . . I love him as a man”, etc. Sometimes the praise has been slightly clumsy, as when, after beating PSG, he thanked Agüero in a list of former players that also included Joe Hart, David Silva and Vincent Kompany.

Yet for all these words, the fact that Agüero would apologise for the simple act of missing a penalty suggests he felt unsupported. It’s remarkable that you can do as much for a club as Agüero has for City, and still, in the end, feel alone.

Have to agree.

He apologised because he had the chance to put us 2-0 up and potentially seal the title but decided to be cheeky and it didn't pay off, not because he's lonely.

I wasn't even angry with him but it's only right that he acknowledged that he made a shit choice in an important moment.

He apologised because he had the chance to put us 2-0 up and potentially seal the title but decided to be cheeky and it didn't pay off, not because he's lonely.

I wasn't even angry with him but it's only right that he acknowledged that he made a shit choice in an important moment.
Right, so does Ederson have to apologise for letting two goals in? He made a mistake - arguably he didnt even make a mistake, he took a risk that didnt come off but had on previous days.

Potentially seal the title? Really? Sealing the title is not all down to this penalty.

Its just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.