#10 | Sergio Agüero - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He apologised because he had the chance to put us 2-0 up and potentially seal the title but decided to be cheeky and it didn't pay off, not because he's lonely.

I wasn't even angry with him but it's only right that he acknowledged that he made a shit choice in an important moment.
This. Anyone can miss a penalty, as we know all to well.

To attempt a Panenka in the circumstances was a self-indulgent decision and that’s what he apologised for. I admire his humility for making the apology.

That said, he’s done so much for us in the last decade that one poor decision won’t take off any of the gloss. We‘ll always love him.

Right, so does Ederson have to apologise for letting two goals in? He made a mistake - arguably he didnt even make a mistake, he took a risk that didnt come off but had on previous days.

Potentially seal the title? Really? Sealing the title is not all down to this penalty.

Its just ridiculous.

It was a needless display of showmanship at an important time and it didn't pay off. How is that not a mistake?

I'm hardly kicking off about it but let's call a spade a spade.

I was fucking livid with aguero, as soon as he did that i knew we would get beat, that lifted Chelsea and knocked us imo, I didn't like his attitude towards raheem for the goal, I fucking hate Ronaldo for his me me me and sergio showed that in bucketfuls, disgraceful attitude and he should rightly be slagged off for it, I can't remember him ever showing that in ten years, I get anyone can miss a penalty,but not like that ,it's the attitude towards raheem that really pissed me off,he is rightly a legend, he's helped take us to a new level, imagine raheem or Gabriel doing that fuck me, bluemoon would never recover

But I love him, so I soon forgave him, the plonka:)

I was fucking livid with aguero, as soon as he did that i knew we would get beat, that lifted Chelsea and knocked us imo, I didn't like his attitude towards raheem for the goal, I fucking hate Ronaldo for his me me me and sergio showed that in bucketfuls, disgraceful attitude and he should rightly be slagged off for it, I can't remember him ever showing that in ten years, I get anyone can miss a penalty,but not like that ,it's the attitude towards raheem that really pissed me off,he is rightly a legend, he's helped take us to a new level, imagine raheem or Gabriel doing that fuck me, bluemoon would never recover

But I love him, so I soon forgave him, the plonka:)

I like that he is desperate to do something special for us again but hopefully that game serves as a reminder that it's a team game and the something special will be anything involved in winning us the title or the CL final. If Aguero makes the pass that leads to us scoring and winning the CL then that's just as good for us fans as him scoring the goal. We don't care who scores so long as we win that game.

I think his head was gone. He wanted to score and when Raheem took it off him (rightly) he was livid. Then he gets the chance to get his goal and rather than just smash it in, he thought he'd do something outrageous probably to make a point that he's the big man.

A shame, but he's not done anything like that before so you have to forgive him, and it shouldn't make a difference in the long run.

Right, so does Ederson have to apologise for letting two goals in? He made a mistake - arguably he didnt even make a mistake, he took a risk that didnt come off but had on previous days.

Potentially seal the title? Really? Sealing the title is not all down to this penalty.

Its just ridiculous.
If Ederson had tried to do a keepy uppy and flick it over the oncoming strikers head then yes he would need to apologise.

It wasn't a mistake it was a very bad decision which is why he apologised and respect for him doing that.

It was a needless display of showmanship at an important time and it didn't pay off. How is that not a mistake?

I'm hardly kicking off about it but let's call a spade a spade.

Its only a 'needless display of showmanship' because he missed.....Aguero has scored three panenkas before. Zidane scored one in a world cup final, Pirlo in the Euros.....its not that outrageous.

Nonetheless - even if it was a needless display of showmanship - to focus in on that one incident when (i) Guardiola changed 9 players for the game after saying the league is the biggest priority, needless display of showmanship? (ii) City were winning the game at the time, they went on to lose it conceding the second goal when Aguero wasnt on the pitch (iii) its highly likely that City will win the league even if they lose their three remaining games, and its highly unlikely that they wont win at least one of those games.

Yes he screwed up......but a public apology. No, it magnifies the incident into something that its not, and is belittling for someone who has done so much for the club.

Its only a 'needless display of showmanship' because he missed.....Aguero has scored three panenkas before. Zidane scored one in a world cup final, Pirlo in the Euros.....its not that outrageous.

Nonetheless - even if it was a needless display of showmanship - to focus in on that one incident when (i) Guardiola changed 9 players for the game after saying the league is the biggest priority, needless display of showmanship? (ii) City were winning the game at the time, they went on to lose it conceding the second goal when Aguero wasnt on the pitch (iii) its highly likely that City will win the league even if they lose their three remaining games, and its highly unlikely that they wont win at least one of those games.

Yes he screwed up......but a public apology. No, it magnifies the incident into something that its not, and is belittling for someone who has done so much for the club.
People making so much out of this.
We have missed 14 out of the last 39 pens.Sterling ,Mahrez and Gundogan have skied them they didnt apologise and nor should Segio have.As for all the mooners calling him a cnut are you the same people who used too boo Edghill.

A shame, but he's not done anything like that before so you have to forgive him, and it shouldn't make a difference in the long run.
He has done Panenkas before and scored from them.
Personally I think they're arrogant and he should have just belted it into the back of the net.

In recent weeks, since the announcement that City would not be renewing Agüero’s contract, Guardiola has been lavish with his praise: “What a player, what a man . . . a top legend, an extraordinary player . . . I love him as a man”, etc. Sometimes the praise has been slightly clumsy, as when, after beating PSG, he thanked Agüero in a list of former players that also included Joe Hart, David Silva and Vincent Kompany.

Yet for all these words, the fact that Agüero would apologise for the simple act of missing a penalty suggests he felt unsupported. It’s remarkable that you can do as much for a club as Agüero has for City, and still, in the end, feel alone.

Have to agree. Felt a bit sick when I saw that he'd put out an apology. FFS.

He owed his teammates an apology. They've carried him 99% of the way to a league title and when he had the chance to contribute his 1% and get it over the finish line, he tried to show off and fucked it up.

He doesn't owe the fans anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.