Return of Supporters

Looks like a typical city moment for me, snatching defeat from victory. Won the ballot but can't buy my tickets.:(

Yes I'm getting those feelings too. I bought the ticket alright and had no problem transfering it to my new shiny Google pay app that I had to download. My panic now is I can't find this FNC button and have to turn on to activate it. I fear this being a cheap back up phone I've been using since my old one died it isn't on it. I can see my ticket there but if it won't activate the turnstile I guess I could be fucked.

Good luck with that because this is the first and probably only game citizens have had a decent crack at. So you go ahead.
TBH this and the ESL crap have turned me off city completely, I have been going since 1981 - season ticket since 1992 and I didn't even watch the game last night, thats the first time since i was 8 I have ever chosen to not watch us in some way (live tv stream - if poss). I have even been on away games to watch the EDS in the Johnstone Paint or whatever its call nowadays, so believe me I will watch city play in anything, but its like the love as gone. If they use the normal system for champions league final I will get a ticket as 21k point on all cup schemes but that will probably be my last game.

Does anyone think many will turn up v Everton without a ticket and wait / support the team outside the ground like Rangers fans did today ?

congratulations. I’m happy for you. I can’t get a ticket as I’m not a season ticket holder or a citizen due to lack of funds. When I can afford to go to games, I get my tickets on here. Am I any less of a fan because of that?
You said you became a citizen last year now you are saying you are not... make your mind up

Just where's this latent fan base how many games do we sell out,( the ones everybody wants) hence further expansion of stadium put on hold. I agree it should be more affordable for working class folks more of us are but while players receive £350k a week hardly likely go much cheaper is it.
Tv money and sponsorship pays the players, gate receipts are an irrelevance to City. The latent fan base is everywhere you go mate, town is full of blues in a way it wasn’t 20 or 30 yrs ago, a whole new gen who love City yet can’t get to / afford to go to matches. We sell out most league games and any decent cup games despite having to jump through hoops but in truth the Etihad is usually a pretty miserable place to be because there’s no joie de vivre as the place is dominated by quiet oldies.

Wembley is always fun because there’s a younger cohort there, wouldn’t it be great if the home games were like that.

Interesting to see so many high points season card holders spewin for once. The sooner the points system is done away with and all loyal supporters young and old are on an even playing field in regular ballots the better. All season ticket holders should be in the mix for tickets for every match.
I'm not sure I agree that it should be done away with altogether. But it should be made more relevant as there are flaws in it, and this has made them more apparent.

As has been said, you could have given up a season ticket 2 or 3 years ago, after going home and away for 20 years, but still have kept the points and qualified for a ticket with over 22k points potentially. Is that person more "loyal" than the one who got that seat when they didn't renew but gets to as many games as possible?

I'm sure Marx, John Stuart Mill, Adam Smith, Plato, Kant, Descartes and Heidegger would have an interesting, but possibly inconclusive discussion, about that if they were all still alive.

Interesting to see so many high points season card holders spewin for once. The sooner the points system is done away with and all loyal supporters young and old are on an even playing field in regular ballots the better. All season ticket holders should be in the mix for tickets for every match.

No they shouldn’t. Some season ticket holders barely go to any home games let alone away games and they definitely shouldn’t have the same chance to go to the Iikes of united and Liverpool away. Loyalty should be rewarded, maybe over a shorter period than indefinitely, but recognised and rewarded nonetheless.

Have you sent the email from your current email inbox to the new gmail inbox? Then click on the email from the new gmail inbox.
did a couple of times, just done it again and success. Cheers bud, I'll have to retract me complaint to the club...ha ha....Thank you.

Tv money and sponsorship pays the players, gate receipts are an irrelevance to City. The latent fan base is everywhere you go mate, town is full of blues in a way it wasn’t 20 or 30 yrs ago, a whole new gen who love City yet can’t get to / afford to go to matches. We sell out most league games and any decent cup games despite having to jump through hoops but in truth the Etihad is usually a pretty miserable place to be because there’s no joie de vivre as the place is dominated by quiet oldies.

Wembley is always fun because there’s a younger cohort there, wouldn’t it be great if the home games were like that.
they can't get to and they can't afford games

but can go to wembley ?

i wonder why.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.