Return of Supporters

I'm still yet to hear an explanation for the 22k uber loyalty decision.

Disappointed that the club regard points as loyalty (and pushed these people through the VIP lane) when in reality the points have only been a feature since we moved to the Etihad.

Loyalty before then isn't loyalty?

Wrong. Before that you were a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or regular season ticket holder. Your status here decided how many points you started with when they brought the new scheme in.

I'm not sure I agree that it should be done away with altogether. But it should be made more relevant as there are flaws in it, and this has made them more apparent.

As has been said, you could have given up a season ticket 2 or 3 years ago, after going home and away for 20 years, but still have kept the points and qualified for a ticket with over 22k points potentially. Is that person more "loyal" than the one who got that seat when they didn't renew but gets to as many games as possible?

I'm sure Marx, John Stuart Mill, Adam Smith, Plato, Kant, Descartes and Heidegger would have an interesting, but possibly inconclusive discussion, about that if they were all still alive.
When you give up a season card, for whatever reason, you know you are giving up the chance to go to games. If you buy a citizens membership rather than a season ticket, you know you are not getting a guarantee of a ticket -a seasoncard gives you guarantee of getting in to every game.

This year is exceptional we all get that, but for City to override the above and put every one in the same pot, whilst also saying some are more loyal than others, so can be in their own pot with a guaranteed ticket, is where its all gone wrong. It should have been season ticket holders first, no points, just all of us in a pot. I don't think many would have moaned at that. You had a choice to buy a season ticket, for any number of reasons you decided against it, that might sound callous given some of the reasons people don't buy, but others will have made the decision to buy one and maybe give up other things instead.

Any tickets not taken should then have gone to citizens members, just like it is for every other game that has ever been played at the stadium. Why for the carabao cup did you have to be on the carabao cup scheme?? We are all assuming that Champions League will be champions league scheme first, why does that have to be the case when they have just changed the rules for a home game?

Last edited:
I'm not sure I agree that it should be done away with altogether. But it should be made more relevant as there are flaws in it, and this has made them more apparent.

As has been said, you could have given up a season ticket 2 or 3 years ago, after going home and away for 20 years, but still have kept the points and qualified for a ticket with over 22k points potentially. Is that person more "loyal" than the one who got that seat when they didn't renew but gets to as many games as possible?

I'm sure Marx, John Stuart Mill, Adam Smith, Plato, Kant, Descartes and Heidegger would have an interesting, but possibly inconclusive discussion, about that if they were all still alive.

If it is done away with the points system then I expect the club to reimburse me the £500 that I have spent on platinum membership trying to keep up with the higher points people.

When you give up a season card, for whatever reason, you know you are giving up the chance to go to games. If you buy a citizens membership rather than a season ticket, you know you are not getting a guarantee of a ticket -a seasoncard gives you guarantee of getting in to every game.

This year is exceptional we all get that, but for City to override the above and put every one in the same pot, whilst also saying some are more loyal than others, so can be in their own pot with a guaranteed ticket, is where its all gone wrong. It should have been season ticket holders first, no points, just all of us in a pot. I don't think many would have moaned at that. You had a choice to buy a season ticket, for any number of reasons you decided against it, that might sound callous given some of the reasons people don't buy, but others will have made the decision to buy one and maybe give up other things instead.

Any tickets not taken should l then have gone to citizens members, just like it is for every other game that has ever been played at the stadium. Why for the carabao cup did you have to been the carabao cup scheme?? We are all assuming that Champions League will be champions league scheme first, why does that have to be the case when they have just changed the rules for a home game?
Its all bollox mate

they have allocated " citizens " to justify the fee to them that are in it,including the far,remote fans that sign up to it,to feel part of City and feel included etc to justify the cost of paying for it,we're now the same as what we hated for years ,the rags.

Totally agree with this point. There is a huge latent fan base of 10 - 25 yr old blues primed to make us the best supported club in the country. We have to find a way of getting them to matches so let’s expand the stadium let’s make tickets affordable for young working class lads and yes let’s tell the oldies that they’ve had a monopoly on things for a decade now and it’s time to make way for the next gen.
Won't be done by having to produce photo ID. Just look at the elecrorsl reform bill this week, young people are disenfranchised by havonf to present photo ID because many just do not have it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.