Harry Kane

I think we’ve already agreed to sign him. Spurs are desperate for money, Kane wants to play for us and we need a striker that scores a shit load of goals :

I can imagine Ferran and Daniel exchanging sly text private sub-chat on the Super League group calls

If you were to somehow take Haaland off the market this is the best signing for City. I’ve seen in the media Andre Silva, Lukaku, Ings linked and would be more underwhelmed if these players signed but not Kane. Kane is a fantastic player, who’s a leader, bangs goals in, seems like a good guy and popular in dressing rooms. I can foresee him over taking Shearers record and would have a massive sense of pride if he were to do it at our club. The problem with Haaland isn’t the fee but the wages, it will ruin the whole balance of the club, KDB in particular and other senior members will look for answers re wage parity. If you were to talk of Haaland for £130-150mill but acceptable wages and other fees I have a feeling city would push to sign him up. Sadly that greedy bastard Raiola is pushing for too much.

Dangerous. He signs, then goes and gets a long term injury playing for the national team.
Wait for any signings playing in that tournament until they come back in full health.
A decision made by Tottenham might only be that they agree to his request to leave; it need not mean that his destination is settled by that date.

Underwhelming!!! Kane would lead us to more titles and possibly CL success. Get him in now. And who knows, maybe Delap will turn out to be the real thing
Kane is in the top 3 forwards in world football. Constantly hits 20 goals plus in a week Spurs side. Is in his prime, knows the premier league, his link up play is phenomenal.can score penalties. Add this to our team and I for one will be absolutely delighted. What’s not to like!

If you were to somehow take Haaland off the market this is the best signing for City. I’ve seen in the media Andre Silva, Lukaku, Ings linked and would be more underwhelmed if these players signed but not Kane. Kane is a fantastic player, who’s a leader, bangs goals in, seems like a good guy and popular in dressing rooms. I can foresee him over taking Shearers record and would have a massive sense of pride if he were to do it at our club. The problem with Haaland isn’t the fee but the wages, it will ruin the whole balance of the club, KDB in particular and other senior members will look for answers re wage parity. If you were to talk of Haaland for £130-150mill but acceptable wages and other fees I have a feeling city would push to sign him up. Sadly that greedy bastard Raiola is pushing for too much.
Yeah, I think I'd prefer Haaland but for me Kane is the next best option. Sure, there are worries about injuries but that aside, at 28 we could get 5 or 6 good years out of him. Just for comparison purposes in terms of ages, we signed Fernandinho when he was 28 and we''ve gotten 8 good seasons out of him.

I see a fair number of blues saying they don't want Kane but I bet not many will want to see him rock up at United!

Wasn’t there someone here a few weeks back talking about knowing someone close to KDB, and he was told we were bringing in Haaland come this summer?

Kane is reportedly on above 200k at Spurs.

If that's what a massive tight arse like Daniel Levy is paying him, then the negotiations for his wage here will only start at 300k per week. If KDB is on 350k, Kane will at least earn that.

When you look at that... £500k per week for Haarland is crazy... he’s got huge potential but he shouldn’t be out earning Kev In 2021/22 (maybe in the future) I’m not sure I believe many of the figures being banded about re Haarland but if they are in anyway true, then his people may be in serious danger of overplaying their hand - in a post COVID market... clubs have seen income decimated, many have huge debts and some - possibly including us need to factor in the impact on their wage structure of hiring someone like Haarland - does it trigger increases for other players and does it damage the relativities in the pay structure. I can’t get enthusiastic about Kane and I’d love Haarland but the numbers for Haarland could be such that it limits our options elsewhere and I trust the club to make a balanced and objective decision - the way this is playing out I can’t help thinking that Munich have got to the Haarland camp with a deal for next summer - I may be wrong but something has changed.. and let’s face it they German Rags have a long history of underhand deals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.