#27 | João Cancelo - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never a sending off. Misjudged the ball, but fuck knows what would have happened after that had Welbeck not fouled Cancelo.

Though, knowing City, it’d have been a top corner rocket on the half volley.

Just how... I don't fucking understand.. how in 2-3 months you can become soo Good and in a same period sooo Bad..

I remember thinking - how complete fullback he was and the best in the world - because of all the skills he had and positions he could play.. There was a moment when I was thinking that he was better than Walker in every aspect of the game (LOL)..

I mean he isn't that bad, but comparing to the player we were watching in February for example.. he is a disaster and liability..

Still a great player and everything, but I don't think Pep will play him in the final.. Maybe as a substitute but Zinchenko will start definitely..

Just how... I don't fucking understand.. how in 2-3 months you can become soo Good and in a same period sooo Bad..

I remember thinking - how complete fullback he was and the best in the world - because of all the skills he had and positions he could play.. There was a moment when I was thinking that he was better than Walker in every aspect of the game (LOL)..

I mean he isn't that bad, but comparing to the player we were watching in February for example.. he is a disaster and liability..

Still a great player and everything, but I don't think Pep will play him in the final.. Maybe as a substitute but Zinchenko will start definitely..

Pep called him out after the first Dortmund game and he’s looked a shadow of his previous self since. Though maybe the writing’s been on the wall since Utd beat us at home & Walker returned for the big games.

Seems to have lost confidence in his defending though & isn’t benefitting from our return to more traditional fullbacks. Much more suited to the inverted role.

From the article:
Manchester City: fullback (among other things) Joao Cancelo. Really, you could make the case for just about any of City's regulars. The last line of defense improved dramatically when Dias showed up. De Bruyne is still the best creator in the league. Gundogan became the go-to goal-scorer. Riyad Mahrez and Foden have been devastating at times. If you prefer one of those players, then pretend I named that guy instead, but Cancelo has been the glue that has held everything together. He has played just about every role besides goalkeeper or centre forward, and his touches map is ... comprehensive.

He's first on the team in interceptions and successful tackles, he's second in ball recoveries, take-on attempts and even chances created. He's been everywhere, and he's a joy to watch.

I'm not even sure he starts in the final.

Cancelo did nothing wrong last night. That happened due to a combination of Wellbeck's diving and the officials shockingly dishonest performance.
He did everything wrong. The whole situation happened due to his poor defending. Then he dived when Welbeck put his arm across him which caused Welbeck to take the opportunity to also dive.

Both players should have been booked for diving.

But by fuck is was shite play from Cancelo.

He did everything wrong. The whole situation happened due to his poor defending. Then he dived when Welbeck put his arm across him which caused Welbeck to take the opportunity to also dive.

Both players should have been booked for diving.

But by fuck is was shite play from Cancelo.

That is almost word for word what my lad said when it happened. You don't need VAR to spot a defensive howler like that.

Has Pep just got it wrong here or is he really out for 3 games? It’s a 1 game ban for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, how was that red violent conduct??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.