Harry Kane

£ 40 million a year before wages and injuries to STAY top of the pile is not good business, not when we do not know where the market is going post Covid, maybe the Club can market the player i do not know?

If it wins us 4 straight titles and a couple more trips to the Champions League Final it's excellent business. It probably opens up more avenues for revenue too.

I personally think it'll be around £100m.

It's a load of money however he's a proven PL goalscorer which is what we need.

We all moan that we have no-one in the box to finish off the ton of chances we always create every match, so if we get him we will have one.

As for the youngster, i'm hoping Liam Delap will be ready to step in.
Delap could be the real deal, but you never know how he’ll perform week in week out at the top level.
Didn’t Bradley Wright Phillips used to be top goal scorer in the EDS etc?
Never really transferred to the first team though.
Not that I’m comparing the two, just you never know.

I always thought I'd grow old pottering about my allotment with several grandchildren helping me to tend my tomato plants but instead still go on mad drug and brass benders so..
Lose the tomato plants for “herbs” and you’re golden ; )

Delap could be the real deal, but you never know how he’ll perform week in week out at the top level.
Oh i agree, i'm hoping he'll make it.

Spending huge money scares the shit out of me because all signings are a gamble, even if we think Kane might be the real deal. But if it doesn't come off then we'll be getting ridiculed from everyone.

Who was the last kid who actually arrived on the scene like Haaland?

24 Champions League goals in 22 games. 94 goals in 100 games since leaving Norway/ turning 18.

We're talking about a player with almost as many CL knockout goals as Kane and Aguero combined. A player who at 20, has already done what Kane could not - fire his side to a major trophy.

If you can name another player who did that and didn't deliver on their potential you might have a point. And if you can point out the players that emerged to do that nearly every season I'll accept that point too.

He's 20. At this point in his career Kane was struggling to get off the bench in the Championship. He's already a 40 goal a season player, capable of delivering immediately and he's got years ahead of him to get better, he's got no horrendous injury record and he's a life long City fan who loves the club.

Edit - Also I have to say I'm sick to death of "ooh he won't adapt to the premier league" stuff. Just like Ruben Dias didn't? Bernardo Silva? Gundogan? David Silva? He's 6 foot 4 and threw Ruben Dias around like a rag doll which no one in the Premier League has done. He's absolutely rapid, so pace isn't an issue, and he's already delivered against some of the best sides in Europe, so I don't believe Norwich away is going to trouble him.

Seems like a lot of people trying to convince themselves Haaland isn't all that because we might not sign him.

Seems like some people on here are so absolutely sure that Haaland’s going to be the best player in Europe for the next 10 years that they’ve remortgaged their houses and gambled, or in their minds “soundly invested”, every penny raised on bets that he’ll win the ballon d’or in 5 out of the next 10 seasons. . .
Or maybe nobody’s done that because despite their loudly announced, total and absolute certainty, they actually have some quite reasonable doubts themselves.

What is their to give a shit about? Spending 120m is hardly going to set any records and the world thinks we burn money anyway.

I think its a good assumption that signing someone who regularly scores 20+ a season could help us in the future.

We didn't win everything with Aguero but hes gone now, so you just sign no one because we had a good run with Sergio when he was here? That is the mentality the rags and dippers have which is why they go nowhere.
Just asking opinions.
It’s not about not signing anyone, it’s asking if he’s the right choice at the right price, cos the price surely has to play a part.

No obviously, but we’ve bought the wrong players at the wrong prices before.
Doesn’t make the people running the club idiots, but some of their transfer buys aren’t perfect either.

Which is why it’s generally considered that players who are already proven to be successful in the league in which you’re going to play them are less of a risk than players who only might adapt.

So you were asking an innocent, non-loaded question?

Ha, yeah. Where did you pluck the £120m+ from?
I was starting a discussion about the price, look back since I asked it, people are discussing it without being bitchy about it, like you.

In the striker stakes,we have had so many false dawns,we are well over due the real deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.