Return of Supporters

Was a bit of a shambles getting in, huge queues and then being sent on a lap of almost the entire stadium. No ID check or scans until we reached the turnstile with about 5 minutes to spare.
My ticket and two others worked fine at the turnstile but my brother’s then took about 5 minutes for the scanner to read it properly.
While waiting for a latecomer to arrive, in about the space of about 2 minutes was passed by the motley cast of Burnham, Cheeseman and Tits Out Jackie, thankfully waving a flag rather than her udders, and then some geezer interviewed us for some radio station or other about the return of fans.
Was funny watching the little mob of ticketless young blue scallies trying to jib past the checkpoints and sneak into the ground. I hope they somehow got in, if only for the trophy lift.

Last edited:
I agree that since we’ve moved to the Etihad, City staff have been fantastic in the main. People who got tickets should be happy that they were so lucky.

The staff aren’t responsible for a few IT glitches. I guess part of the rationale for moving to paperless ticketing is to try to tackle the scourge of touts. I don’t know if the technology is the solution but I agree with the aim.

I agree that since we’ve moved to the Etihad, City staff have been fantastic in the main. People who got tickets should be happy that they were so lucky.

The staff aren’t responsible for a few IT glitches. I guess part of the rationale for moving to paperless ticketing is to try to tackle the scourge of touts. I don’t know if the technology is the solution but I agree with the aim.
In a way getting the chance to test out the existing technology with just 10,000 was perhaps a good thing. It may need investment on new scanners on the gates, which could be done now over the summer. Though going into a new season with untested hardware and software might not be the best idea either.

In a way getting the chance to test out the existing technology with just 10,000 was perhaps a good thing. It may need investment on new scanners on the gates, which could be done now over the summer. Though going into a new season with untested hardware and software might not be the best idea either.
Hopefully, we will have the David Silva tribute game in front of a full Etihad.

Hopefully, we will have the David Silva tribute game in front of a full Etihad.
Was talking about this yesterday, discussing how many fans will be allowed next season and our thinking was anything over half means it's almost impossible to social distance fans so surely it's either half or less or might as well be everyone. Hopefully everyone. A Silva game would be a great test event.

Was talking about this yesterday, discussing how many fans will be allowed next season and our thinking was anything over half means it's almost impossible to social distance fans so surely it's either half or less or might as well be everyone. Hopefully everyone. A Silva game would be a great test event.
Hopefully, the Euros will be a success for testing matches up to half full and hasten the return to capacity crowds

Reactions: CC1
I went yesterday at my allotted time, 2.30 to 3.00 and no queue and went in quickly with my tickets on google pay, The problem I had was downloading the tickets onto google pay, this was solved by a bluemoon poster, northstander62, who posted the original email may need forwarding to a gmail address which I did and downloaded instantly from that. I prefer to look on here to solve City related problems and usually get good info. Just as an addition I was told the club are planning for 46000 spectators at games next season, covid permitting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.