Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conn still spouting on about "sportswashing", his personal bias and one sided political agenda when football has finally woken up that CFG is about business. The self styled elite have found themselves falling further behind in terms of success and finance with little chance of catching up.

What must really stick in their collective craws is the loyalty to Manchester City of the the fans, the owners, the staff, the players, Pep, other coaches and backroom staff?

The old model of running a football club on debt and spending as little as possible whilst extracting as much cash as possible, has been blown apart. CFG has gone for growth by reinvesting on and off the field as well as in local communities.

At the time of the take over, ADUG did say they had a 20 year plan in place and we still years to go.

By then, there is every chance that Conn and his ilk and the likes of the Guardian will no longer be around. They are already on borrowed time, becoming as irrelevant as City Bingo with their tropes, prejudices and falshoods.
Spiny. Nice one and agree on the loyalty point. Just imagine part 2 of the owners vision. A state of the art entertainment facility, further brownfield development, more satellite clubs and a 24/7 hub in East Manchester. I used to help manage a number of factories in East Manchester - one is now part of the stadium complex. The transformation actually makes me feel emotional sometimes when I remember what an honest shithole it all was.

Some snake correspondents will have nowhere to go in a few years other than to disappear completely up their own arses.

Said it before, David Conn is just the Madchester generation’s Colin Shindler. Part of the same weird breed of City-hating blues who are happy to trouser money for endlessly slagging the club they claim to support, and thus are welcomed with open arms by the redshirt dominated sports desks who see them as useful idiots adding a false veneer of representation
Right again, I Fuckin' hate this type.

Said it before, David Conn is just the Madchester generation’s Colin Shindler. Part of the same weird breed of City-hating blues who are happy to trouser money for endlessly slagging the club they claim to support, and thus are welcomed with open arms by the redshirt dominated sports desks who see them as useful idiots adding a false veneer of representation

Expertly put

Probably already been posted, seeing as it's a week old at this stage. But I only came across (Oo-err) it this morning......

What a bitter begrudger he is.

Jordan, Doesn't know what he's talking about, Good to see Sinclair call him out and make him look like the fool he is.

David Conn's article is an assertion: "MCFC are owned by the UAE and Sheikh Mansour is just a front". It's based purely on Sheikh Mansour's use of UAE state officials to manage the club but if you were Sheikh Mansour you would use such people. I am a bit suspicious of the values he has put on the sponsorships. They are much higher than I thought but I can't argue with them.

The idea that MCFC are a soft power project for the UAE is a Guardian fabrication. An easy claim to make but where is the propaganda? I don't see it as a City fan. If it is a soft power operation then it is the worst PR campaign in history because all it has done is bring scrutiny of the UAE to the British public, and the Emiratis do not see City as their club. That is my experience and I speak to Emiratis once a week through one of their universities (New york Abu Dhabi University). If they saw City as their property I think I would know and feel it because City is very important to me and the first thing I would talk about.

Bang on the money LM13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.