Last Film You Saw

Maybe one of the last truly great films that Scorsese made. Nobody, but nobody, does menace like De Niro. (Well… okay, Joe Pesci). You are really tense, from beginning to end.
That scene in the school theatre. Did you know that that was improvised? She didn't know that he was going to do that. He told Scorsese that he'd got an idea, and Scorsese said "Go for it!”. What naughty boys they were, the pair of them. You can see that she's really bothered, but terrifically turned on at the same time. She said as much in later years.
I've got it on DVD, so I literally know many scenes word for word. “Councillor? Councillor? Come out, come out, wherever you aaare…”

Yep, the tension was palpable right through, just a fantastic film. Why it never gets mentioned in Scorsese's top films is beyond me.

Started watching Army of The Dead on Netflix,binned it after 20 mins.

Just finished it. Fucking shite. Too long, much too long.

The way they shot those opening scenes (before the film really got started) pissed me off. Found myself saying "fucking get on with it!"

Should have known it'd be gash when Dave Bautista is the lead actor.

Anybody seen The Hunt ? I don't usually go for horror but it looks kind of intriguing.
The Hunt (2012) with Miks Madelssen Mads Mikkelsen is a stone cold classic thriller / drama, a suspensful tale of empathy, fear and rumour. Unmissable.

But I imagine you're looking at The Hunt (2020), which is a slightly deranged violent satire of US politics, a Battle Royal type affair. It's ok to entertaining. Passed the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.