Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Look I’ve said this numerous times too people and maybe on here as well,but to win your league you can’t fluke it the best team wins it hands down 38 games it’s a marathon,where as the champions league the best team doesn’t always win it,a lot of luck is involved at times as well,you can’t get lucky for 38 games but in the odd game in a knockout competition you can,we move on too next season ..

Spot on

Chelsea will challenge for the Title next year. We have had a few games where we collectively meltdown. Passing goes to hell ,errors creep in and we get beat. Derbies and Europe seem the main games where this phenomena occurs. Pretty much every player of ours looked off it tonight.

Go to bed you’re Drunk. I know for a fact you weren’t saying this when he was banging in the goals a couple of months ago.
Agreed Gundogan is a brilliant, brilliant player. But he is not a midfield dynamo and putting him in a sole defensive mid role was just plain suicide. Like playing Yaya there. Same thing.

I was very amused when the team was announced, but I don't think that's the reason we lost. Everybody is banging about lack of DM and that might have prevented us conceding, who knows? But it was upfront we were completely toothless, Chilwell decided to prove he is good defender and he has done so - Riyad could not do anything. Raheem was utter crap and James even didn't have to be soo god, but he was actually. KdB, I hope he is ok and I didn't like how he left, but he was bad, very very bad. Bernardo nothing, but he hasn't been contributing attacking-wise for a couple of seasons now. Gundo too far back. Phil was trying but nothing came out of it. We played with six offensive MF and they were all basically made crap by Chelsea.
Just accept Pep's football paradigm of football in this competition, with a quality teams defending and hitting you on the break, more often than not ends up in tears. Unless there is one in two generations midget, who can single-handedly win the game for him - Phil might become this one for us. We lost to Leeds United 2:1 who played the whole half with 10 men and we barely created a chance. And what was difference tonight? The same shit.
It 's been one constant since Pep became our manager.

Not even pissed off. Just flat. Can count on one hand where it felt like we had a chance to create something. Shite.

If it’s not broke why try to fix it? As soon as I saw the team sheet with Sterling in the starting 11 I knew we were beat. And I’m not blaming Sterling, it’s not his fault. He is dog shit and we all know it. But Pep being Pep who clearly believes in his own press that he is the football Oracle and whatever he does is the correct winning way. He changed it tonight and we looked so disjointed. Not one single player played well. Our defence was fucking garbage, all four of them. Desperately missed a defensive midfielder. And I’m certainly not taking anything away from Chelsea or Tuchel. The way they set up defensively was magnificent. A solid impenetrable wall. And the fact that we had just one shot on target all night highlights that. I was 100% convinced this was our time to win this. No nerves whatsoever as I fully believed we would win it. But then the Pep factor kicked in and fucked it all up yet again. Hang your head in shame you selfish arrogant ****.

I’ll never understand why Pep chose the team he did there. No CDM, Foden out of the position he’s been brilliant in. Pep’s undoubtedly a genius but he’s set us up for failure there.

In all honesty we weren’t great and they were well organised, and well managed, if nothing special.

Rudiger’s on my list of players to root against. Intentionally left one on Kev there. Cynical. With that said Kev was having a quiet one.
I'll explain it to you.
We have gone out of the Champions League three times due to the referee we had tonight making the wrong decisions against us.
This referee has a long history of being against Pep Guardiola and against Manchester City.
Pep looked at this and realised every tackle, every bit of pressure will result in a free kick against us (at best).
With this in mind Pep decided to pick a team that were better at keeping possession rather than winning it back as that was the least likely to result in freekicks, penaltys, red cards against us.
He decided that due to the above it was sensible to pick Sterling rather than Fernandinho as that minimises the risks of red cards but allows Sterling's pace to keep James pinned back, thus negating one of their biggest threats.
Foden and De Bruyne were then allowed to roam up front in the hopes that this would then pull their back 5 out of position a little allowing us to exploit the space somewhat.
Hope this helps.

Look I’ve said this numerous times too people and maybe on here as well,but to win your league you can’t fluke it the best team wins it hands down 38 games it’s a marathon,where as the champions league the best team doesn’t always win it,a lot of luck is involved at times as well,you can’t get lucky for 38 games but in the odd game in a knockout competition you can,we move on too next season ..
Spot on mate the PL is the pinnacle not the misnamed Champions League. Lets face it even Wigan can win a cup competition and where are they now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.