#16 | Rodri - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has a habit of trying to outwit the opposition manager, especially in bigger games e.g. last season's quarter final vs. Lyon.
I hope he doesn't select Fernie & Rodri.
We definitely need both Gundo & Bernardo to energise our midfield and put Chelsea on the back foot.
I would select Fernie, but closely monitor how he reacts to Chelsea's undoubted tactic of diving whenever he challenges them.
They will use all the dark arts and unfortunately, Fernie (as was the case with Nigel De Jong) is a prime target for his robust play and atitude.
I hope he picks what he considers our best team and let Chelsea try to deal with that, rather than giving Chelsea an opportunity to set the agenda. When we played Bernardo, Gundogan, Rodri and Kevin as false 9 with Zinchenko LB and Cancelo / Walker RB we were unbeatable, balanced and in control. Will he go back to that, I hope so, but wouldn't be shocked to see Ferna in for Rodri, in which case we may sacrifice some control for aggression as Rodri & Ferna are quite different in style, not better/worse just different.

I'm not so sure, Mason Mount absolutely battered Fernandinho in the Semi final he made him look like a 40 year old player.

I'd have no problem with either tho tbh.
I hope and suspect the combined additions of Kev,Gundo,Bernie and Foden will aid Dinho's game and help nullify the threat that Mount brings.
As Pep states,this is a different competition and it will be a different game.

Unpopular opinion time, i thought Fernandinho's performance at home to PSG was a bit over rated. I was very surprised that night that he started ahead of Rodri, and have found it very strange that the man who had played most minutes for us this season up until then suddenly was out of the picture.
I was a critic of his last season but was very impressed with him this season. I don't get why he was axed and would even have started him tonight ahead of Fern.
Thought he gave the team balance and control all season and had a good switch pass to Mahrez on the right that worked well this year.

That said, if him or Fernandinho had started ahead of Sterling ie we reverted back to our team that beat PSG and Dortmund, I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference, given how the other players performed tonight. Every one of them was flat, apart from Walker probably

Unpopular opinion time, i thought Fernandinho's performance at home to PSG was a bit over rated. I was very surprised that night that he started ahead of Rodri, and have found it very strange that the man who had played most minutes for us this season up until then suddenly was out of the picture.
I was a critic of his last season but was very impressed with him this season. I don't get why he was axed and would even have started him tonight ahead of Fern.
Thought he gave the team balance and control all season and had a good switch pass to Mahrez on the right that worked well this year.

That said, if him or Fernandinho had started ahead of Sterling ie we reverted back to our team that beat PSG and Dortmund, I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference, given how the other players performed tonight. Every one of them was flat, apart from Walker probably
I agree Rodri started the season off great. Was probably our best player in the first half of the season with Foden, but the guy absoutely hit a physical or mental wall. He started turning the ball over for fun.. Just off the top of my head he had bad ones vs Gladbach, Chelsea(leading to their goal), Dortmund, etc..

If he prefers a 36 year old in the semi final and our top goalscorer who hasnt played in that position for two entire seasons in the final is it safe to say he doesn't trust Rodri when it really matters?

I don't fancy Spain's chances much but hopefully he has a decent euros if he gets a game for them and we can get rid whilst his rep is relatively undamaged and get most of our money back on him.

If he's going to sit out big games next season, any interested parties are going to use that to drive down his price, get rid now and get a more mobile replacement in for a similar fee.

Makes me wonder if the stories of a couple of surprise departures may include Rodri, I hope not but why he would leave him out of tonight's game makes me wonder.

If he prefers a 36 year old in the semi final and our top goalscorer who hasnt played in that position for two entire seasons in the final is it safe to say he doesn't trust Rodri when it really matters?

I don't fancy Spain's chances much but hopefully he has a decent euros if he gets a game for them and we can get rid whilst his rep is relatively undamaged and get most of our money back on him.

If he's going to sit out big games next season, any interested parties are going to use that to drive down his price, get rid now and get a more mobile replacement in for a similar fee.

Its taken him long enough to see what most people can see. His fanboys (sponsored by WhoScored.com) on here will tell you about his 98% passing accuracy v West Brom though as proof that we are all wrong and know nothing about football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.