Ref Watch

Yep - I said before the game several Chelsea players always scream out loud when they are tackled and this ref fell for it all. Worse was Jorginho screaming for a foul and immediately jumping up and sprinting towards the ref.

His performance didn't really cost us the game but it was clear as day by his high-fiving the Chelsea players at the end that he dislikes Pep and was quietly pleased with the result. We lost but I would rather that than follow players that feign serious injury to get fellow pros in trouble.For balance I've said the same when Cancelo did it recently and when Raheem falls over when someone brushes against his back. Re-reading my post, I'll sum it up thus - the ref was a twat.
Agree except for the part about rather lose than cheat. Corinthian spirit was all well and good in a different world but not nowadays. If you can’t beat em join em - we need to seriously upgrade our dark arts skill set.

Agree except for the part about rather lose than cheat. Corinthian spirit was all well and good in a different world but not nowadays. If you can’t beat em join em - we need to seriously upgrade our dark arts skill set.
I get that, and do love Ferna's breaking up play with timely fouls as it is definitely a skill but screaming out loud when lightly touched and rolling about is something I don't like to support. Mind you if we sign Grealish I will be right behind him getting free kick after free kick within shooting distance!

I get that, and do love Ferna's breaking up play with timely fouls as it is definitely a skill but screaming out loud when lightly touched and rolling about is something I don't like to support. Mind you if we sign Grealish I will be right behind him getting free kick after free kick within shooting distance!
You really think if Grealish played for us he’d get all those fouls?

I thought the ref had a decent game. It wasn't handball, it hit his chest then the top of his arm. it wasn't a red card for Rudiger, yellow was correct. None of the refs decisions influenced the outcome of the game which was my concern before the game. As for the play acting, it's part of the game now, the time wasting is exactly what we would have been doing if we were winning 1-0 with 10 mins to go.

So when the handball rule change it's ok to knock the ball onto your arm/hand ?
If his arm is down by his ok but his arm was out
the only time it's an offence is if the ball comes off your body and hits your arm which is in a position which makes the body unnaturally bigger. Not an offence if your arm is by your side.

Not too annoyed about the possible penalty (it wasn't IMO) or the possible red card (difficult to know Rudiger's intent, IMO he knew what he was doing and took out KDB with a shoulder to the head, but it would've been a very harsh red)

What I am annoyed about is that ALL the 50-50 decisions seemed to come down on Chelsea's side.

Was it a foul or just a coming together? If it was a Chelsea player who hit the deck, it was a foul; if it was a City player who did likewise, it was a coming together and play on. He made his mind up on these decisions VERY quickly as well.

Broke the game up too much for my liking.

One positive to take from last night.

I’m reading he was “in total control of the game” from some people online. Is that how everyone else saw it because he was annoying the fuck out of me? I didn’t watch any analysis but he seemed to make quick decisions and of course it was all about him as it usually is when we have the misfortune to cross paths with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.