Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Wish folk would stop making out that Tuchel is some kind of messiah had Pep not played into his hands 3 times then nobody would be going on about him .......... Leicester sussed him out ...... a bang average Arsenal and Villa team did the same .......... he’s had a free ride this season with no pressure on him at all ......... I mean you couldn’t have handed him a better semi final line up than a declining Madrid side ........... put it this way 2 seasons down the line he will be at pastures new ......... it’s all well and good this defensive football when it’s working but like Mourinho once it stops then your on very much borrowed time
De Mateo is a champions league winning manager too :)

He's only just turned 21! If City don't get to a champions league final in the next 12 years or so, I will be very surprised indeed.

In fact, in view of the effect Corona has had on many teams finances, it would not surprise me if next season the semi-final four is City, Chelsea, PSG and A.N. Other...

I'm gutted, we all are, but I think that last line in your message was a bit too pessimistic.
I’m sure you are correct and wouldn’t disagree with any of what you said. But, life has taught me there are no guarantees in this world and you have to take your chances when they present themselves. That is really the point I was making.

Im in my 40s, I'm not particularly vocal, but that doesn't mean I'm an less passionate about city or that it means less to me than it did years ago. I felt the crowd was pretty flat last night, you get that sometimes as the favourites and expecting something to happen. The etihad is hardly a cauldron of noise.

I'd gree last there were a hell of a lot of senior fans last night. And I thought that was brilliant. It may have been their only chance to see us attempt to win the Champions League. I saw one guy in a wheelchair and oxygen with helper at the airport in City colours, must have been late 70s and it choked me up to be honest.

I'm actually firmly in the dog house today after biting to the welcome home message at 6am after crawling into bed of "well that was a waste of time wasn't it, all that way to lose".

She has absolutely no interest in football whatsoever. Doesn't understand. I explained in the easiest way that I could that City was basically another family I had, that no matter what, will always be there.

I enjoy the fact we all come from different walks of life, some rich some poor who would have sold have their granny to be there yesterday. But to a man we would help each other out if we can purely because you are a blue. Had some great conversations with total strangers yesterday, Chelsea fans included. It goes far wider than 22 guys kicking a ball around a pitch.

Sometimes the football gets in the way of a great trip. Yesterday was one of those days. Disappointing, but we are still the best team in this country, by a distance.

Roll on August. Let's give it another go.
Really glad you got to go mate and I’m not in any way saying you’re not deserving of going because you don’t make noise by the way.

I qualify for the senior tour myself and there’s absolutely no way I’m as loud at games as I was in my teens and 20s.

I used to go to aways far more regularly when I was younger, and it was a huge part of my life in my 20s, me and my mates went all over the country and had some of the best times of our life, and were loud and proud wherever we went.

As I remember it, in them days it was “Regular Season ticket holders” (5 years) that could apply first for tickets - so there was some “loyalty” aspect attached, but it wasn’t a closed shop.

I fear now though, it is a closed shop. I’ve got nephews in their late teens who would give their right arm to go to aways and would be loud and proud and help to spur the team on.

But they’ll never get the chance under the current system.

It’s becoming more and more of a closed shop and our away support is getting older and quieter. It’s a real shame because it didn’t used to be like that at all.

We’re going to lose generations of away fans, if we haven’t already.

I was angry last night but I'm just disappointed now. We had a bloody great season. Bringing the prem trophy back to ours mattered more, especially after the scouse shite had it, and that's what I am focusing on now.
It's bloody hard though.
Yea good perspective and we have had a great season. I’m annoyed we tinkered with the personnel but more annoyed in some of the meek performances

Ho and another thing, it does not matter how old you are to Support Manchester City, You can be one day old or 100 years it does not matter, everyone holds the right to attend, but you cannot take away the right of someone who has attended many games for most of his life, and then expect him to give up his seat for someone who may have just turned up and wants to go, come on get real.

We have so many great Managers on this web site its Fxxxxxx Frightning, I hope they realise when they take the job they cannot loose a game, and they must win every trophy, Fxxx me they just might, idiots.

Come on, last night should have been the easiest team selection in history. Play the same team as the one who beat PSG.

The best, in-form players, in their best position in our best formation.

Don't fucking tinker with it with and experiment in a Champions League Final.

At 21 years old mate, with a good 13 years of a City career still ahead of him.

I would put my mortgage on him starting in another final.

It is a really sad day for sure,the Sun is shinning,we are League Champions.

We vent on here and get it all out of our system,and we go again as a club.
I’m sure you are correct I hope so too, but there are no guarantees in this world. Life has taught me over many decades that things rarely go to plan! Anyway, fingers crossed and we will see. Euros next and he will get another chance.

Also odd that Gundog was DM up against three speed-merchants. He’s not the fastest at the best of times and the day before he took a knock and had to finish training early. Yes he is a reliable player and has experience, but there has to be a limit!
Gundog doesn't have the physicality or speed to play the sole pivot, let alone in a CL final against Chelsea's speed merchants. Chelsea looked like the team with a plan. We looked like a concoction of stars trying to make it up as we went along, hoping our superior quality would win the day. Tactics won the day, as it nearly always does unless you've got a Messi in your ranks.

You get a lot of younger male fans wo think no women, kids or older fans should be at games.

If we hadn't be successful for 10 years they wouldn't be anywhere near the club, not like the older fans were. They were the types who were crying last night.
Seems like a bit of a sweeping generalisation?

There are plenty of blues in their teens and 20s who are City fans because of family / local ties, and would be irrespective of our success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.