Who’s gone in the summer?

I don't get the hate directed at Sterling (not saying you by the way).
He doesn't go out with the intention of having a nightmare and I am sure he is giving 100%.
The fact is that he is woefully out of form and his confidence is at rock bottom.
The biggest issue is why the hell Pep picks him to start games in this funk.
For me it isn't hate, its frustration. Its an odd position and potentially unfair to Sterling, but the frustration is that he is so brilliant some of the times and so disastrous, others. This has a double negative effect on the club.
1) You make plans on his ability to be a game changer and if he fails, the game plan is damaged
2) When he is down, he is DOWN. No inbetween. You can't have a player that is either brilliant or a liability. When you are the top most level of football winning comes down to which club executes with the highest degree of certainty. When Sterling is not on his game its essentially putting a void out on the pitch wherein all chances go to die.

Players out
----------------

Zinchenko
Mahrez
Gundogan
Bernardo
Sterling
Dinho
Garcia
Mendy

Players in
---------------

Grealish
Bissouma
Luiz
Neto
Tierney
Saka
Haaland
6 months on and i wouldnt change much.Bernardo is now playing regular again so off he comes,and Zinchenko has proven far better than i expected so as an understudy/utility player....he is mustard.Dinho looks like getting 12 months which i didnt expect.I wouldnt bring Luiz back and neither is Neto required.Tierney looks like a crock unfortunately,and we have had our share of them.

6 months on and i wouldnt change much.Bernardo is now playing regular again so off he comes,and Zinchenko has proven far better than i expected so as an understudy/utility player....he is mustard.Dinho looks like getting 12 months which i didnt expect.I wouldnt bring Luiz back and neither is Neto required.Tierney looks like a crock unfortunately,and we have had our share of them.
“I wouldn’t change much... except like half of it!”

OUT:
Zinchenko
Mahrez (?)
Gundogan (?)
Bernardo
Sterling
Dinho
Garcia
Mendy

IN:
Grealish
Bissouma
Luiz
Neto
Tierney

Saka
Haaland

Surely you aren’t still suggesting we should get rid of Gündogan and Mahrez?

I think Sterling, Garcia and Mendy out. Then Grealish, Haaland and Bissouma in would do very nicely.

“I wouldn’t change much... except like half of it!”

OUT:
Zinchenko
Mahrez (?)
Gundogan (?)
Bernardo
Sterling
Dinho
Garcia
Mendy

IN:
Grealish
Bissouma
Luiz
Neto
Tierney

Saka
Haaland

Surely you aren’t still suggesting we should get rid of Gündogan and Mahrez?
If Grealish,Bissouma and Saka were to come in and Palmer and Torres are pushing for first team starts,then something has to give.Got to keep progressing/adapting and Gundo is no spring chicken.

Laporte,Rodri, Sterling Jesus out for me. Big overhaul incoming I think. Kane Grealish Bissouma in
Sam lee has mentioned that Silva is unhappy. May be he wants to play in the wing or as number 10. So, if thats the case then I would add Nicolo Brella with your list. Thus, enough pace in the midfield Bissouma and brella with KDB.

Laporte,Rodri, Sterling Jesus out for me. Big overhaul incoming I think. Kane Grealish Bissouma in
Laporte, Sterling and Jesus are essential City players. I could see Rodri going though just because Pep didn't play him against Chelsea and that tells me he has a big question mark against him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we signed Bissouma and Grealish.

I can't see us signing Kane and Grealish as it would be too expensive.

Laporte, Sterling and Jesus are essential City players. I could see Rodri going though just because Pep didn't play him against Chelsea and that tells me he has a big question mark against him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we signed Bissouma and Grealish.

I can't see us signing Kane and Grealish as it would be too expensive.
Sam lee has mentioned that Silva is unhappy. May be he wants to play in the wing or as number 10. So, if thats the case then I would add Nicolo Brella with your list. Thus, enough pace in the midfield Bissouma and brella with KDB.
It's worth making the point that a big clear out accompanied with several incomings does carry some risk with it.
It usually takes most signings a season to get used to Pep's methods and that, as well as player burn out and other teams improving might mean more of a consolidation season than anything else.

Sterling, Bernardo, Laporte & Cancelo all vulnerable to being moved on or likely to agitate a move. This would generate a huge transfer kitty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.