Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct. The quality of sports journalism is very low in the UK. Most of the reporters shuffle from one press conference to another spinning quotes that everyone has already watched on youtube so we can see that the facts have been distorted. The other area of content is just regurgitating off-the-record leaks from agents which are purely designed to promote their own clients.
The CAS FFP case proved that some of the fans on this site knew more about what was going on at UEFA than any of the media. The UK press made fools of themselves.
No one in the media seems capable of actually producing some exclusive content which might actually encourage people to pay for subscriptions. It is just a clickbait industry these days.

Agree with this... good post. I’d add that the present hacks also have an irrational and wholly unjustified sense of self importance (hugely bloated egos - Simon dickhead Stone being a case in point) - they think they are something special because a few managers and players know who they are without having the emotional intelligence to know they are tolerated in public and despised in private. They think they are the popular kid in the playground but really they are the kid everyone laughs at behind their back.

Journalism is by definition 2nd rate. You report on what someone else did. And modern-day journalists just copy, paste and wum for a living. Soul-destroying. I could do that aged 12.

I remember guys like David Meek, and Peter Gardner. What they said mattered, and how they said it. The modern generation, no. Not always their fault I expect. They want copy that get hits, and how do you do that with City? Human rights, cheating, money. Morally debase them.

Journalism is by definition 2nd rate. You report on what someone else did. And modern-day journalists just copy, paste and wum for a living. Soul-destroying. I could do that aged 12.

I remember guys like David Meek, and Peter Gardner. What they said mattered, and how they said it. The modern generation, no. Not always their fault I expect. They want copy that get hits, and how do you do that with City? Human rights, cheating, money. Morally debase them.
Gardner, Meek, that’s all we had with the odd report from Richard Bott in the Sundays. Radio was even thinner gruel, waiting (hopelessly) for “It’s a goal” on 261. The internet means we now get 24/7 coverage of virtually every team from every paper. Physical sales of newspapers are derisory hence their need to generate click bait. And hence the amount of reconstituted pap and opinionated tripe that’s out there constantly. But we’re our own worst enemy: we (the general public) read this stuff. And become duly agitated etc. Thus we have a media thread in excess of 2k pages.

Agree with this... good post. I’d add that the present hacks also have an irrational and wholly unjustified sense of self importance (hugely bloated egos - Simon dickhead Stone being a case in point) - they think they are something special because a few managers and players know who they are without having the emotional intelligence to know they are tolerated in public and despised in private. They think they are the popular kid in the playground but really they are the kid everyone laughs at behind their back.
I don't know his career backround but Stone just makes so many mistakes that he has no credibility. The football press pack in general is not even treated seriously by their colleagues in the media. When was the last time anyone from that group actually reported a story that people on this forum didn't actually already know about? The latest exclusive is: Sergio, Sterling, Laporte, are all unhappy at City because they are not playing enough. Really. Is that some sort of world exclusive? What a bombshell. Hold the front page. It is bloody pathetic.

The media waited for this moment to attack Pep, they literally are waiting for years . Disgusting

If I were Pep, I would shut down everything for 2 Weeks. Media will shift focus on England in 2 Weeks

I don't know his career backround but Stone just makes so many mistakes that he has no credibility. The football press pack in general is not even treated seriously by their colleagues in the media. When was the last time anyone from that group actually reported a story that people on this forum didn't actually already know about? The latest exclusive is: Sergio, Sterling, Laporte, are all unhappy at City because they are not playing enough. Really. Is that some sort of world exclusive? What a bombshell. Hold the front page. It is bloody pathetic.
Stone was ex-MEN, strictly second string on the united beat

Gardner, Meek, that’s all we had with the odd report from Richard Bott in the Sundays. Radio was even thinner gruel, waiting (hopelessly) for “It’s a goal” on 261. The internet means we now get 24/7 coverage of virtually every team from every paper. Physical sales of newspapers are derisory hence their need to generate click bait. And hence the amount of reconstituted pap and opinionated tripe that’s out there constantly. But we’re our own worst enemy: we (the general public) read this stuff. And become duly agitated etc. Thus we have a media thread in excess of 2k pages.
Agree wholeheartedly but it’s a shame now that it makes it impossible to get any real football news or considered opinions that’s not biased against us. Looked forward to reading most papers online(don’t subscribe to any) and have to now click off more then ever, it wasn’t that bad 10-20yrs ago. Use to always read the MEN our so called local paper and thought it was pretty balanced in its football section but then it dawned on me that there was a lot of negatives on city and a lot of arse licking to the rags. Mentioned it to a few blues i know and they said your paranoid so i said read it again then get back to me. They all agreed.

The media waited for this moment to attack Pep, they literally are waiting for years . Disgusting

If I were Pep, I would shut down everything for 2 Weeks. Media will shift focus on England in 2 Weeks
I hope he doesnt. I would like him to read how it was ludicrous to change the formula of a team that has swept all before it by how we play for the European Cup final and reflect on how it would have been better to let them worry about us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.