Running thread

Dropped off a bit of late due to a hectic weeks or so but ran a ‘Metric’ Marathon today of 26.2 km. Boiling hot, on the trails, with some decent incline it was a pretty tough work out. Averaged 5 minute kilometres bang on throughout, which I was pleased with for a training run. Did have a few water and gel stops also, which were very much needed in the heat.

Last edited:
Dropped off a bit of late due to a hectic weeks or so but ran a ‘Metric’ Marathon today of 26.2 km. Boiling hot, on the trails, with some decent incline it was a pretty tough work out. Averaged 5 minute kilometres bang on throughout, which I was pleased with for a training run.
Metric marathon eh? Not heard of them before but will definitely be taking one!!

Metric marathon eh? Not heard of them before but will definitely be taking one!!

Yeah I was at a BBQ for the final and someone mentioned they were running one in Chester. Sadly it is a week before the Manchester Marathon otherwise I would have included that in my training schedule.

Superb time mate, to get a time like that, with what sounds like disrupted training, shows a fair amount of natural ability. Hope you stay injury free from now on.
Thanks mate, appreciate it! I wasnt able to run since last February, only really started properly at the very end of March, still with considerable pain in my heels (I really shouldn't have been running), but bit by bit I upped the miles and pace and somehow got that time

Who is the United fan?
Did you confuse united with United? There's only one united.

Over the weekend I did an hours trail run and struggled with the heat (only about 20 deg C !!!!.) I stopped to dip my head in a stream for nice cool down....

Cycling weather is here. It's that time of year again for me as I reduce the running and increase the cycling. I did a couple of 20 mile rides since the weekend including a few decent climbs. Great to be back on the bike again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.