Running thread

Did a slow 2.5 mile run yesterday morning with my girlfriend to get her back into it then did my steps session in the afternoon. 90 steps,
3 x 1 step Running
3 x 2 steps running
3 x 3 steps jumping....

No running today but went Sale water park and managed 4 large loops (2500 yards) which is my longest outdoor swim to date. ( all front crawl too) buzzing after it.

Anyone got the Pegasus 37s? My 35s have served me well getting to 5k and 10k distances and tag starting to wear down. Had them a few years lol

Did a slow 2.5 mile run yesterday morning with my girlfriend to get her back into it then did my steps session in the afternoon. 90 steps,
3 x 1 step Running
3 x 2 steps running
3 x 3 steps jumping....

No running today but went Sale water park and managed 4 large loops (2500 yards) which is my longest outdoor swim to date. ( all front crawl too) buzzing after it.

I see you're on the cycling thread too. Intrigued as to what the steps routine is???
BTW - I went to school with a lad nicknamed Inchy - You're not a St Thomas Moore/St Greg's (Beswick) alumni are you?

been doing some longer runs lately, got up to half marathon, but decided to use the rain and run quicker today, got 24.12 for 5k, any tips on getting the time down? will doing slower longer runs help? or should I look at some faster shorter routes?

been doing some longer runs lately, got up to half marathon, but decided to use the rain and run quicker today, got 24.12 for 5k, any tips on getting the time down? will doing slower longer runs help? or should I look at some faster shorter routes?

Give these a try if you're looking to improve 5k & 10k times.

Sprint Interval 1
  • 5-10 minute warm up
  • 1-minute at maximum pace c.4:20-4:30 km/min pace
  • 1-minute recovery at c. 5-min/km pace
  • 10 reps
  • warm down 5-10 minutes
  • increase by 1 rep per week up to 20
Sprint Interval 2
  • 5-10 minute warm up
  • 1km at same pace as above
  • 500m @ recovery pace
  • 4 reps
  • 5-10 mins warm down
  • Increase reps as you feel more comfortable
Don't do the sprint intervals on consecutive days - at least 2 days apart. If you're only looking to 5k-10k runs perhaps slot in 1 or 2 slower paced 3-4 mile runs per week.

I see you're on the cycling thread too. Intrigued as to what the steps routine is???
BTW - I went to school with a lad nicknamed Inchy - You're not a St Thomas Moore/St Greg's (Beswick) alumni are you?
There’s a set of stairs near where I live, 90 steps over 4 flights. I run up these 1 at a time x 3 reps. 2 at a time x 3 reps then finally 2 footed jump up them 3 at time x 3 reps, that hurts the most.

Yes I went to St Thomas Moore...left in ‘85 you may know me, Shaun, or my younger brother Stuart.

Depends. I'd be doing slower runs towards double digit mileage once per week, plus a threshold session and an interval session. Any more miles I would do mostly at an easy pace. Definitely ignore anyone who suggests specific paces as through they would apply the same from one person to another.

There’s a set of stairs near where I live, 90 steps over 4 flights. I run up these 1 at a time x 3 reps. 2 at a time x 3 reps then finally 2 footed jump up them 3 at time x 3 reps, that hurts the most.

Yes I went to St Thomas Moore...left in ‘85 you may know me, Shaun, or my younger brother Stuart.

Sounds brutal!

I was in your brother's Form Set (David Thomas) in Upper School and went to college with him until I binned it off after the 1st year. I remember you, I think you were in the year above us???

Small world. How are you both doing?

Yes but my advice is similar to John Virgo's on Big Break;

'Pot as many balls as you can'

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.