Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see them on vox pops on TV news - I have seen them saying it around the town where I live - its said on Twitter - some people think its an antidote - they also mostly believe in "Freedom Day" as a concept. Whether restrictions are lifted or not on the 21st I think they will find the 22nd onwards pretty disappointing - Lockdown will be recommended at the end of September and Johnson will leap into action by November.......
Don't agree

I think there is the bare minimum of compliance now.

thats not just joe public the shops supermarkets and pubs are doing the bare minimum now, if anything.

masks are worn around the chin, people wear neckerchiefs or scarfs and pull it up when need to to show willing but it will do fuck all For Covid transmission.

Find it really interesting that Delta isn't yet showing signs of spread throughout much of Europe. I know we sequence more than the rest, but cases are still on the decline throughout much of mainland Europe when you'd maybe expect some signs by now that Delta is beginning to take hold. Not that I'd want it to, just interested in the reasons why it's not (yet).

thats not just joe public the shops supermarkets and pubs are doing the bare minimum now, if anything.

masks are worn around the chin, people wear neckerchiefs or scarfs and pull it up when need to to show willing but it will do fuck all For Covid transmission.
I met my dad and his mates in the Wetherspoons in Stockport yesterday. They were strict on some things but not on others. 4 of us turned up at the same time and got a table. When the fifth person turned up a few minutes later, they wouldn’t let him move a chair from another table to ours: “We’re not allowed to move furniture around”. So they allowed us to move to another table that seats six. However, a fair few people were walking round the pub without their masks on and they weren’t challenged by the staff (yet under no circumstances could we pull a chair up from a vacant table!).

Drinks were table service only of course but the service at times was shocking, considering it was relatively quiet. After one order went in, we waited about 15 minutes and eventually spotted our drinks at the end of the bar on a tray. How long they’d been there I’ve no idea but none of the staff seemed in a rush to bring them over to us. In the end, my dad’s mate had had enough and bowled over to collect them himself - wearing his mask of course - and brought them over. Nobody said anything but then again I’m not sure anybody spotted him. However, you’d have thought that someone would’ve eventually wondered where our drinks had gone but they didn’t. Thinking about it, any fucker from another table could’ve had them away from the end of the bar!

I met my dad and his mates in the Wetherspoons in Stockport yesterday. They were strict on some things but not on others. 4 of us turned up at the same time and got a table. When the fifth person turned up a few minutes later, they wouldn’t let him move a chair from another table to ours: “We’re not allowed to move furniture around”. So they allowed us to move to another table that seats six. However, a fair few people were walking round the pub without their masks on and they weren’t challenged by the staff (yet under no circumstances could we pull a chair up from a vacant table!).

Drinks were table service only of course but the service at times was shocking, considering it was relatively quiet. After one order went in, we waited about 15 minutes and eventually spotted our drinks at the end of the bar on a tray. How long they’d been there I’ve no idea but none of the staff seemed in a rush to bring them over to us. In the end, my dad’s mate had had enough and bowled over to collect them himself - wearing his mask of course - and brought them over. Nobody said anything but then again I’m not sure anybody spotted him. However, you’d have thought that someone would’ve eventually wondered where our drinks had gone but they didn’t. Thinking about it, any fucker from another table could’ve had them away from the end of the bar!
Wetherspoons ...

Is this what you hope or what you think ? U sound like youd be disappointed if 21st went ahead

whenever it happens I want it to do so with the lowest risk to UK citizens thats all. I am afraid that people will find "Freedom Day" brings limited change. And those who are so anti vaccine passport are likely to be disappointed if they think just because our govt removes restrictions on international travel

The fact you’re providing figures to show there are people in hospital who’ve had the vaccine shows that your statement of “Every single case of the current hospitalisations haven't had a jab” was incorrect.

News at 10 has just said there's been 12,500 cases of the delta variant of which only 3 people who've had two jabs required hospital treatment. So there you go. Do you require more proof??? What I've said is true on all counts. This delta variant is not denting the vaccines at all and at the time I wrote that quote every single case of the hospitalisations hadn't had two jabs.

Nah mate, no apology needed, they're extremely effective. Remarkable actually and 2 doses in particular are where we need to get to. We really need everyone to get vaccinated as quickly as possible and I can't wait to get my first dose in a couple of weeks time.

I'm only correcting Berkshire blue that the variants haven't had any impact on them (which they have), and that nobody is in hospital who's had the vaccine (which they are, even if low numbers), that was all.

You might want to watch the news at ten and then apologise to me for getting your facts wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.