It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two very good but now 30-year-olds and two who have hit the absolute ceiling of their talent even after being coached by Pep for 4/5 years. Meh. Show me the money
I'm hoping and thinking Raheem get's his form back if Kane signs...

I'm also hoping that you're right about Bernie and also that Laporte stays.

It wouldn't surprise me if the others left.

Not saying he doesn't have it in the bag, but what, 98% of his passes are sideways or backwards? I suppose that's what he's asked to do, so maybe its unfair...but I'd still play fernandinho over him when both are fit and that is exactly the point. Maybe I'm stuck in the past and rate Ferna too highly, but I just don't rate Rodri as much as others do and think there are better players out there (there's already one in this team!).
"98% of his passes are sideways or backwards?" Maybe it wouldn't be "unfair" if you rated him on facts and not based on a cliche adopted within a few weeks of his arrival.

You can’t purely make the Rodri debate about Age. Most fans wanted Fern to start the champions league final. What does that indicate? I would suggest it means we the fans can see his flaws having watched him play 50+ games.

The most important game last season and Pep did not trust him to perform. Due to his lack of pace, ability under pressure and his tendency to play back to the defence when we need him moving the ball forward.

Should we just accept that he is another Javi Garcia? and not admit that although he is a good player for the system pep deploys it exposes his weaknesses?

We need an athletic quarter back IMO.

Good player but not what city need to dominate teams who utilise the counter against us.

Think back over the last 5/6 seasons, how many times did you see fern breaking up the counter? The master is going to be nearly impossible to replace.
"The most important game last season and Pep did not trust him to perform. Due to his lack of pace, ability under pressure and his tendency to play back to the defence when we need him moving the ball forward."
Please post a link to the interview where Pep said this.
There are athletic quarter backs in the NFL and hundreds of athletic and very fast midfielders in the lower leagues. Problem is their footballing ability is not good enough to play in a City midfield unit chasing 4 titles every season. Another problem is "we fans", I would suggest, can see his flaws and every other players flaws, including Ferna's, but we can see with our own eyes their good qualities as well, which IMO greatly outweigh their flaws, as our continued success would appear to indicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.