Who’s gone in the summer?

Liverpool and the Rags have a media machine that starts hyping their young British players well before they've ever played a senior game. I'd heard of Brewster years back as the next great English striker, these players already have a reputation that drives their fees up. It's the perception of "pedigree" coming from those clubs that creates an added value.

Liverpool "reluctantly" let Ibe, Solanke, Brewster etc. move on for astonishing transfer fees, with their new clubs thinking they've signed the next big thing.

How many people not familiar with City do you think know anything about Liam Delap or Cole Palmer?
Yep. Said myself on the Liam Delap thread....

You use your influence in the media to parrot 'Brewster is the next best thing' 'Best finisher since Fowler' 'Liverpool desperate to keep Brewster'. Then Sheff Utd backed with prem money and stupid management fall over themselves thinking they are signing the golden boy in u21 English football.

Straight out of the Jordan Ibe playbook, I am sure we all remember when we signed Sterling it was 'Ibe the better talent' 'Ibe will bench Sterling for England' and so forth. Enter Eddie Howe and 18m.

Add Solanke to that list also.

Liverpool and the Rags have a media machine that starts hyping their young British players well before they've ever played a senior game. I'd heard of Brewster years back as the next great English striker
I remember a spate of promo articles primed by Herr Kloppo that "goal ace" Brewster was ready for the first team, then Sheff U. swallowed the bait a month later.

I still can't wrap my head around Bernardo Silva wanting to leave. There's some stupid reason behind this if it's true.

I still can't wrap my head around Bernardo Silva wanting to leave. There's some stupid reason behind this if it's true.
If true it’s down to play time. Silva gets better the more he plays for me. The rotation at city doesn’t work for him sadly & pep won’t stop his rotation policy

With all the rumoured outgoings I would just like to offer my services to play.
I’m overweight, lazy and have bad knees.
I’ll go in goal.
Just think of me as a goal keeping version of Wilfried Bony.

If it’s true and seems a lot suggesting it could be why can’t it just be the reasons suggested, that he’s never really taken to living in Manchester and would prefer Spain, not unreasonable for a Portuguese player. Some adapt and take to Manchester Zaba, some make a go of it think David Silva would be in that category, some don’t. It happens.

With all the rumoured outgoings I would just like to offer my services to play.
I’m overweight, lazy and have bad knees.
I’ll go in goal.
Just think of me as a goal keeping version of Wilfried Bony.
Get back in the queue, I need to top up my state pension and have been waiting for this gateway to heaven for 60 years, your turn will come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.