Who’s gone in the summer?

I'd prefer we keep Stones. Especially if we don't manage to sign Koulibaly.

Personally I just don't see Garcia as the right kind of central defender for the Premier League, he'll probably do ok at Barca.
Otamendi no longer the level we need.
Zinchenko not really good enough either in my opinion.

I wish we'd sell Gundogan and get a midfielder with lots of pace and energy.

Bravo (I believe he's about to be announced at Betis)
García (to Barça's shitshow)
Otamendi (Valencia maybe?
Mendy (I don't know who'd take him, given his wages and his injury record)

Would be nice to move Fernandinho and Gundogan too, but I don't see that happening unfortunately. Maybe next summer.
Zinchenko should stay. He's a great kid, everybody loves him in the dressing room and can cover quite a few positions on the pitch. And cheap, much much cheaper than Mendy.

Realistically gone or should gone and already gone

Gone:
D. Silva
Sane
Bravo

Then:
Zinchenko
Ota
Garcia

Stones - may or may not go depending on what happens with Garcia but Id keep him (Stones)

Id also get rid of (but it wont happen)
Gundogan
Mendy

So there are people on here who want to get rid of Pep, Sterling, Ferny, Gundog, Mendy, Jesus, Stones amongst others. As well as David going and Sergio with maybe only a year left, I take it people are quite happy with a fairly major rebuild over the next couple of years and potentially not winning much in that time?

But if a company is cash rich they take advantage of a bad situation. For me personally sounds horrible but for 7 years I've been saving up to buy a house, when the market opens up again properly it would most likely be the best time to buy in a decade. Other clubs will need to sell to balance the books/reinvest in the squad. We could pick up talent like thuram, isak, Bellingham, etc. Dont want to sound cold but the best thing for football is city, PSG, newcastle, chelsea, barca, etc spend big and inject cash back into the game.

Us and Chelsea can take advantage I think that’s it no one else He won’t go to Chelsea and we won’t sell him to them Bayern could maybe take advantage but they have there winger and the Germans do not operate in this way they just by cheap Germans who want to play for Bayern having run the contracts down besides the fans and corporates would object to paying 100 million plus for Sterling PSG maybe could but they seem less busy these days and have other priorities and have Neymar and Mbappé

Outs
Bravo
Sane
Dave
Ota
I would then try to move on
Mendy ( I know)
Garcia ( if he wants to go let him)
Fernandinho ( perhaps to a coaching role)
Gundogan ( not because i am one of his critics but because a younger more mobile version a la Aouar would be preferable)

Ins
Ake
Torres
Steffan
Koulibali: ( or Upamecano etc)
left back : Reguilon?
Aouar
I would also want a striker because we have no idea how well Sergio will recover and we will be playing every couple of days for most of the season . So a potential injury crisis looms
Another DM a mobile one Benacer??

As there is nothing much else going on.....

Philippe Sandler: Currently no takers (injured)

Patrick Roberts: offer from Middlesbrough for loan

Luke Ilik: offer from FC Twente for loan

Tosin Adarabioyo: offers from Fulham Everton and West Ham for loan or buy

Updated 14.27

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.