Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Pep played 11 players who were capable of winning the game, and probably should have won, but for whatever reason we were below par, we didnt play as well as we should on the night and I am as gutted as anyone, but to say this was all Peps fault is poor. If we had played with a DM then we might have won who knows, if we had done this and done that who knows, wecould have got hammered who knows. The culture is that when we get beat in Europe its Peps fault. There were 11 players on the field each one of them great players in there own right, who was our best player on the night, i cannot name one, why did this happen I dont know, were the celebrations the week before a factor, i dont know, but what I will say is that I dont blame Pep, we just didnt perform and its hard to take but Football.
But why choose a final to play a new formation ? why not play your best team that's served you well in the past ? Why play a player thats out of form that all he does is stifle one of your star players ? If you lose, then lose with no regrets. I don't really blame the players, He had his reasons obviously but Pep set them up differently for the first time and he got a disjointed performance from the lads. I think he takes it for granted that top players can just turn it on and adapt to whatever the situation. Of course they should and by all means try it in a league game but doing it in a game of this magnitude was a bit of a risk.

But why choose a final to play a new formation ? why not play your best team that's served you well in the past ? Why play a player thats out of form that all he does is stifle one of your star players ? If you lose, then lose with no regrets. I don't really blame the players, He had his reasons obviously but Pep set them up differently for the first time and he got a disjointed performance from the lads. I think he takes it for granted that top players can just turn it on and adapt to whatever the situation. Of course they should and by all means try it in a league game but doing it in a game of this magnitude was a bit of a risk.

'bit of a risk'? It was brain dead!

Other than that (and i had to do a username doublecheck...) i agree ;-)

11 Profesional players, Top Players some of the very best in the world, they did not perform at there best, its easy to blame the Manager, I understand exactly what is being said but its all hypothetical, who knows what would have happened, we simply didnt play well individually or as a team.

It doesn't read too well for Pep, does it?
The players are not stupid. It was a blunder to change the team and its structure. Gundo was played out of position and so was Foden to accommodate Sterling. We were overwhelmed in midfield and Pep didn't change things till it was much too late. He waited too long to bring on Sergio as well.
I think Pep is the greatest manager we will ever have but this defeat was down to him. The players didn't play well but Pep is responsible for preparing them. The full truth will eventually come out.
With the same formation and structure as the PSG match we would almost certainly have won.
Pep's behaviour in the run-up to the game was also very strange. Swearing on TV and then sobbing about Sergio. Even by his standards he seemed very intense and I believe this transmitted to the players.
That said you can't underestimate how much pressure Pep and his whole team have been under this last season with Covid, personal bereavement, the volume of games, injuries, the FFP case etc etc.
The whole club has performed magnificently to win the Premier League while other teams imploded under the pressure. But in the end it was just too much. I don't blame people like Bernardo for wanting a move. Sometimes you just need a change. Shit happens. Roll on next season.

Over the result now.

The Fallout is what I am more worried about.

First i thought Media was making loads of shit up.

Now i fear Pep tactical fuck up in Porto has caused some damage. One or two players becoming critical in a roundabout way, like you would do after such a major fuck up. You start wondering are these players the minority, or the majority.

Then there are the players who believe they earned their final place en- route, who were shit on, when the big day arrived.

Depending on what you believe there are few players looking for an exit.

And i think it has everything to do with Pep calamitous fuck up in Porto.

I hope this fuck up doesn't carry on in to a new season.

The score goes up by the week, as in I would have (kind of) accepted a 3-0 defeat if Fern had played. As it is, I just can't fathom out WTF he was doing and I never will....

No time for Gundogan throwing his manager under the bus in public. Yes Pep got it wrong but some of the individual performances on the night were diabolical. Let's remember this guy has been garbage for most of his time at City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.