Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Pep got it wrong again and he will never win us a champions league but tbh I’m not really that bothered about that but what fucking really annoys me is how has sterling who has been shit all season managed to get into the pitch and actually be the captain in arguably our most important game ever. As soon as ferdy came on and strengthened the midfield we looked better but by that point the game had gone . Rudiger should be banned for what he did aswell .
At least we were spared seeing Teachers Pet Garcia one last time.

Every Cloud.

Seeing Sterling as Captain grates me because i think he is shit.

Seeing Garcia player grates me because he is really, really shit, has wanted out for a season and deprived a promising youngster game time.

Pep has his favorites for sure.

The reason football matches are lost and underdogs win games is because teams that play to thier strengths will always beat a team that doesnt play to their strenghts or change tactics to suit an inferior opponent ,Pep has done it a few times now , hope he has learned his lesson this time.

So what is he. Doesn't provide assists. Doesn't support the defence. Doesn't provide creative play
So when was Sergio the greatest assist, greatest to support the defence and a creative player...are you watching the same team as me ?? He has dragged us through this year with his goals and all round play....probably our best all round player FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!

I was absolutely gutted when the final whistle went.

Few hours later I'm fine, feel for the players but we've got experience of a champions league final now. We'll come again and be there once more, with some more experience behind us next time.

The beauty about these competitions is that we get to give it another shot next year.

Disappointed we lost, but we'll be there again and will eventually win it.

Chelsea deserved it on the night, executed their game plan and had us exactly where they wanted us.

We had a great year this year, some will never see the champions League, nevermind the final.

The future is bright for our club, I'll be ecstatic when we finally reach the summit of this competition but until then enjoy the ride.

Mesmeric highs, shattering lows and everything in between.

CTID

17 goals. Wins more duels than he loses, nearly 2000 passes. It's not his fault tonight. It is on PEP for not playing proper teams against Chelsea in the previous 2 games to work them out and for fucking with the system.
Purely his fault. When he plays, kdb can't play rodents can't play. He gets in everybody's way. Useless at defending counters. Useless at attacking play

Correct, it doesn't.

I just wanted this one for Pep, as a "thank you" for what he has done for City, to cement his creditials in the eye of his critics. Sadly , tonight it was not meant to be. I will never discredit him for what he has done for City, nor judge this result as a moniker for his successes at the club.

But the reality is that his "meddling" in th squad formations and line-ups has cost him this accolade, and it should be pointed out. If winning th CL is his goal, he has failed. He hasn't failed me personally, though. I'm not 'sad' for Manchester City, i'm 'sad' for Pep.

I agree he is a flawed genius, my wife said a few years back that pep is on the spectrum, I laughed at her, she is probably bang on.

My last rant on tonight.

Silva shite, Stirling shite (taking Phil's position) Gundog played out of position, where was the natural DM Pep. Walker and Zinchenko are no Cancelo so lose that offensive build up from the back. kev shite (stiii injured?)

Our line up fucked us before a ball was kicked. Still fucking pissed off.

I'm sorry pep I love you to death but you have cost us the champions league
I don't think any city fan would have said sterling deserved to start.
And by doing that played gundog and foden out of position

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.