João Félix

I’m not sure that the original purchase price has such a direct bearing on a sale price.
It’s standard practice to take a players total cost and annualise it in the books.
So that a player costing say €120M on a 5 year contract would be valued on the books at €96M after 1 year, €72M after 2 years and so on until the book value is (obviously) at €0M after 5 years.
I think Felix will have been at AM for 2 years now so €72M + €1 would show as a €1 profit in AM’s accounts.
While this is true, this would represent a profit on the books, but from a business perspective its a net loss as you've made less on an asset than you paid for

So on the books Atletico would be happy but in terms of cash flow they'd be making a huge loss

That also doesn't include his huge €250k a week wages that he hasn't been worth, I'm sure any club who wants to buy him would probably offer him less, so Atletico may have to pay him off in some way

i wonder if there would be any truth in a swap deal with bernardo? The club seem open to certain things with what khaldoon said in his interview about being creative this summer?

i wonder if there would be any truth in a swap deal with bernardo? The club seem open to certain things with what khaldoon said in his interview about being creative this summer?

If we want to get creative how about doing a loan deal for 2 years. We get to see if Felix can be successful in our team before agreeing to a permanent deal.

Very interesting.

Similarly, if we sold Foden for £1, that would show as £1 profit in our accounts.
Kieran Maguire's Price of Football has lots of "interesting" stuff about football accounts. There's an argument for ignoring sales and amortisation of bought players as they fluctuate so much, so don't represent the underlying strength of a club's finances.

They can also include some "value" of the squad in the accounts, but this tends to not reflect the actual value if they were sold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.