It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree,with the expected emergence of Torres,and the potential arrival of Grealish,that opens up fantastic alternatives and options to our attack.Hopefully Sterling also finds his form again too.
I agree with this completely, which is why I’m relaxed about the striker situation. We have the best people running the club and so I trust them to make the right moves for us. There’s a lot of moving parts, with Messi, Kane, Haaland and then (dreaming) Mbappe next year; and so whoever arrives, I trust it’ll be the right move. If we end up with none this window, then it’s hardly the end of the world and especially not, if we manage to get Grealish in! ..the speculation keeps me entertained, but we aren’t desperate either way.

Reactions: nmc
City wont value mbappe also

Not so sure. If there was a chance to get him, I think they would.

The issue, imo, isn't the 100m. The issue is Kane.

He is not a 100m player, and that is why the club are unlikely to value him as such. Mbappe and Haaland are, and if we are going to spend that lind of money, based on previous decisions at least, it will be for the right type of player only.

My own opinion is it should be Ake, without any hesitation.

It offers Laporte the assurances he needs of regular game time, the club not legislating for the return to form of Stonesy and him about to announce a new deal.

Ake can only play on the left of a two anyway, same as Laporte, who is in a different post code, ability wise.

Dias plays both sides, so whether Stones gets injured or Dias does, the left and right pairing is not compromised as much if Laporte plays instead of Dias on the left.

Ake was only ever a squad filler and he's picked up a couple of medals he could never have dreamed of 18 months ago.

Harsh, but we paid £40m for Ake and on top of £70m cash, I think that is a fair deal.

Not on massive money, so hardly impacts Spurs wage bill.

Erm, LaPorte can play on the right - he played there for Spain in their last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.