Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
let be honest here ? life after pep will be up to the owners and investment. when you have the right people running the club and give any manager a world class team life is easy. yes i know it still takes a good manager to form them into a team. but i does not half help if the players are good enough in the first place

i am more worried about the owners and when they leave than pep
I think, we won the PLs and FA cups (and skirting around CL last 16) until Pep. Since Pep we've gone meteoric imo.

I know what you mean about the owners though, it all comes from the top.

I think, we won the PLs and FA cups (and skirting around CL last 16) until Pep. Since Pep we've gone meteoric imo.

I know what you mean about the owners though, it all comes from the top.

it really does because the master plan from the owners was pep
life after pep in managers does not really scare me because we will still win titles and silverware

but if the owners don't have a plan after pep but will keep the DNA of the club he built it could be tricky
so for me football clubs need to revamp after a long period of success and change the style and rip it up and start again. not because of the managers but the other teams catch you up and become better ?

pep is like no other manager and plays on instincts in what he feels is right for each game
but the things pep has brought into the english game is amazing and its gone right through to the international team
that's how big pep role at city really is because he controls the game and style of others

i don't want a pep clone at city after pep goes. because he will be shot down each week and judge on pep
rip it up and fined another way of winning football games. even if it takes 2 or 3 seasons to build we will need that revamped

it really does because the master plan from the owners was pep
life after pep in managers does not really scare me because we will still win titles and silverware

but if the owners don't have a plan after pep but will keep the DNA of the club he built it could be tricky
so for me football clubs need to revamp after a long period of success and change the style and rip it up and start again. not because of the managers but the other teams catch you up and become better ?

pep is like no other manager and plays on instincts in what he feels is right for each game
but the things pep has brought into the english game is amazing and its gone right through to the international team
that's how big pep role at city really is because he controls the game and style of others

i don't want a pep clone at city after pep goes. because he will be shot down each week and judge on pep
rip it up and fined another way of winning football games. even if it takes 2 or 3 seasons to build we will need that revamped
That last paragraph is unlikely to happen. We’ve built the team and brand over a decade by playing a certain way - a way which has seen us finish top scorers in the majority of seasons whilst being right up there with lack goals conceded. We also have hoovered up trophies left right and centre. I don’t see any scenario which says we rip up the winning formula when Pep leaves. There will be a continuation with maybe a tweak or two.Ripping up the whole plan? I don’t see it.

That last paragraph is unlikely to happen. We’ve built the team and brand over a decade by playing a certain way - a way which has seen us finish top scorers in the majority of seasons whilst being right up there with lack goals conceded. We also have hoovered up trophies left right and centre. I don’t see any scenario which says we rip up the winning formula when Pep leaves. There will be a continuation with maybe a tweak or two.Ripping up the whole plan? I don’t see it.

fergie did the same thing at utd and look at them now ? you have to change and adapt to life without a manager that wins titles silverware every seasons. if it means a change of style or a formation change then you have to do it

united are stuck on the fergie way and its outdated with wingers and 2 strikers
city brought a style of david silva and opening teams up from the middle of the park and KDB opens up teams from the carpark

A continuation suggests promotion from within the club. I can't imagine any 'big name' coach joining under conditions that effectively tied their hands to a 'certain way of playing.
That would suggest appointing someone like Arteta, Kompany or Vieira, none of whom have demonstrated the level of experience or ability demanded by the job.
It's a top job for a top coach. If we take on a Pep 'clone', they'll struggle to get anywhere near his levels.
We'll need a fresh approach to continue winning trophies at anywhere near the same rate.

A continuation suggests promotion from within the club. I can't imagine any 'big name' coach joining under conditions that effectively tied their hands to a 'certain way of playing.
That would suggest appointing someone like Arteta, Kompany or Vieira, none of whom have demonstrated the level of experience or ability demanded by the job.
It's a top job for a top coach. If we take on a Pep 'clone', they'll struggle to get anywhere near his levels.
We'll need a fresh approach to continue winning trophies at anywhere near the same rate.

How do you view the succession to Pep at Barcelona? Were Tito Villanova and Luis Enrique good choices? Both of them had prior experience with Barcelona.

How do you view the succession to Pep at Barcelona? Were Tito Villanova and Luis Enrique good choices? Both of them had prior experience with Barcelona.
Successful in what was a 2 team league until Athletico popped up... With two or three of the best players in the world at their peak....

Pep may well leave a great squad behind when he goes, but the PL is a far tougher task than Spain, and our wealthier clubs will be far stronger.

The water is far deeper in the PL than the rest of Europe. Only the best will succeed.

Has to be Patrick Viera he has everything to be a top manager and knows the academy players already

But isn't that the point of the thread, why we're asking the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.