Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I normally enjoy this thread but come on, it’s absolute fantasy any thoughts that a new stadium could be built.

The reality is the Etihad extension plans have been shelved because we have shown in the past 5 years that we don’t need any extra seats or a substantial further increase to corporate offerings.

We should be content that 50k turning up every home game is a decent attendance. But we have reached a level where more seats are not required. The idea that Abu Dhabi will spend 500m to a billion on a new stadium cause the existing one looks a bit dated ( after 20 years ) is nonsense.

If every game was sold out and demand was there the North Stand would have been developed by now. Instead the club have been able to rip out 1000 seats they only put in a couple of years ago for bigger pitch side advertising without any fan complaints cause they know the ticket sale ceiling has been reached. Comments about ‘bus conductor’ style ticket vendors wandering up Alan Turing way are frankly ridiculous.

And not to mention the post Covid situation which will have a further negative impact on attendances.

The main property focus over the next 10 years will be on the arena and developing the collar site for hospitality to support the Arena ( and stadium ).

Would imagine they will continue too look at the doing something with the outside of the stadium, but suspect it will be in line with the cosmetic poster type coverings that we have at the moment.
Ground is sold out for all league games.

Im not sure, but i know for 75% of games in 115 where i am, there are always loads of empty seats.
Isn't that one of the 'singing 1894 blocks '. Would have thought that's s/c holders. From memory there are very rarely any matchday tickets available for that block. Unless I have the wrong block.

Isn't that one of the 'singing 1894 blocks '. Would have thought that's s/c holders. From memory there are very rarely any matchday tickets available for that block. Unless I have the wrong block.
Yeah it is. Im low down at the front on row C and there always loads of empties around me.

Some, but would guess the majority are s/c seats. Do our s/c holders turn up less than anyone elses ? Or are their seats sold on less ?
I had a conversation with Danny Wilson, a couple of years ago, and the conversation turned to season card holders not going to every game. He told me of a family of four having season cards and only attending six or seven matches a season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.