Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

City really do need to come up with a scheme that enables those not able to attend every game to buy tickets and sit with friends. TV fixture changes causes attendance problems. A non-allocated area for ad hoc ticket sales seems sensible.

Also it is unrealistic to expect those with season cards with kids in the family stand to attend every game.

I have to say that I have never met or sat near anyone who buys a season ticket and does not go on a regular bassis, I have had the same seat since we moved into the Etihad and everyone who sits near me and to a degree several rows away we have got to know, some have moved, but appart from the odd empty seat its always the same people, even in the bar areas. I cannot say people dont but it must be very few and I think the people arround me would say something. We have the opposite in our area, everyone askes where the missing person is if they dont turn up, more to make sure they are ok, but everyone is a regular going supporter, at most missing one or two league games, cup games are different.
I think that is the case for most, but how many of next seasons 18 games are going to be 15:00 on a Saturday? i am in a fairly large family group that passes on tickets within the family if they can not make it, but with all these odd times there are games none of us can make.

Will post the drone video when I remember the site.

Screen grabbed from the drone video.

Pre-arena start.

6711-A230-6-F32-4-B34-A604-18140-BC03988.jpg

7-BCDDB60-D16-B-4859-907-D-5070-B39-C555-C.jpg

AEC7-EEE2-FB7-F-4-DB8-B2-C8-D38-C15-F700-F6.jpg

City really do need to come up with a scheme that enables those not able to attend every game to buy tickets and sit with friends. TV fixture changes causes attendance problems. A non-allocated area for ad hoc ticket sales seems sensible.

Also it is unrealistic to expect those with season cards with kids in the family stand to attend every game.

Absolutely.
The casual fan deciding on a Friday night he or she may like a cheap ticket at the weekend if they fancy it, is the bottom of the list.

Absolutely.
The casual fan deciding on a Friday night he or she may like a cheap ticket at the weekend if they fancy it, is the bottom of the list.

the walk up and pay on the gate base city fans used to be a key part of the crowds at maine road
modern day football does not fit the walk up and pay on the gate. the need for control and hooligans stop all of that

if covid-19 has taught us one thing ? tv fans could be a good new income and clubs showing live games on the internet or with sky or BT-sports, even in pubs or at home fans could pay a fee of £10 and watch it live or a couple of mins behind

all premier league games need to be shown live in the uk. i don't think it will cut or hurt match day crowds because fans that love there clubs will always go to games home or away

maybe a idea is if ticket sales does not reach 30.000 or 50.000 for bigger games the day before. then open the tv arm chair club and charge up to £20 a game on the city tv channel UK only

the walk up and pay on the gate base city fans used to be a key part of the crowds at maine road
modern day football does not fit the walk up and pay on the gate. the need for control and hooligans stop all of that

if covid-19 has taught us one thing ? tv fans could be a good new income and clubs showing live games on the internet or with sky or BT-sports, even in pubs or at home fans could pay a fee of £10 and watch it live or a couple of mins behind

all premier league games need to be shown live in the uk. i don't think it will cut or hurt match day crowds because fans that love there clubs will always go to games home or away

maybe a idea is if ticket sales does not reach 30.000 or 50.000 for bigger games the day before. then open the tv arm chair club and charge up to £20 a game on the city tv channel UK only
Work means I can rarely get to games so,as much as I'd love to,mostly I am limited to TV.Some sort of season ticket for such would be very welcome

But when was the last time we got less than 30,000 ?
I remember games at Maine rd when 55000 went to a Derby, then 24000 on a Saturday following.
I agree if there are tickets available a gate system could be introduced for match day, any system which maximizes gates is what we want.

The TV , clubs selling viewing just isn't possible is it under present contracts, and that is where cash for the clubs is generated

The TV , clubs selling viewing just isn't possible is it under present contracts, and that is where cash for the clubs is generated

the tv right are for sky and BT-sports and 2 rounds on amazon. but not all game are shown live in the uk like last season under covid-19 lockdown. i think many more games can be sold to uk fans at home and it would stop all the illegal streaming ? clubs should be aloud to show there games live on there channels for uk people only if sky or BT-are not showing them live

the tv right are for sky and BT-sports and 2 rounds on amazon. but not all game are shown live in the uk like last season under covid-19 lockdown. i think many more games can be sold to uk fans at home and it would stop all the illegal streaming ? clubs should be aloud to show there games live on there channels for uk people only if sky or BT-are not showing them live

You may well be correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.