Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s good enough but not better than we have so as a replacement yes, but I’d prefer not to be replacing.

Unfortunately, it looks like Bernardo wants out and if that's the case then a replacement is necessary.

The problem is that he's worth more to Villa than he is to us and that's why some of the rumoured fees are pretty laughable on our end but will make sense on theirs.

Every leak about Grealish says a bid hinges on players leaving, including Jonny Smiffy this morning. The interest is obviously real but I think we won’t really see it become concrete until we see a player sold.

If one isn’t sold, we don’t get Grealish. If we sell somebody, I think the whole move will be in place already.

Unfortunately, it looks like Bernardo wants out and if that's the case then a replacement is necessary.

The problem is that he's worth more to Villa than he is to us and that's why some of the rumoured fees are pretty laughable on our end but will make sense on theirs.
Yes if Bernardo goes, on the other hand I don’t think Grealish is that outstanding there won’t be other alternatives we look at if we think Grealish is too expensive. I’m pretty relaxed whatever happens, striker is the main one, and if we get that we’d need less midfielders anyway as we’d play the false 9 less and Torres would play more.

I rate Grealish, think he is a good player and will be even better if he comes to City. He appears to like our style of play and has not hidden his admiration for KDB. £110 is an awful lot of money though. It's such a pity that a deal may hinge on the departure of Bernardo whom I really do rate, he is one of my favourite players - he currently sends me my birthday greetings from the club! There isn't anything we can do if he wants to go though, especially if it is related to weather and wanting to be closer to home / family reasons. If that is true makes you realise how lucky we were to hang onto Dave and Sergio for so long.

I don't get how we would sign him, only if some of our wide players leave.Even if Bernardo leave I don't see Grealish as his replacement.Grealish most of games played wide and number 10 we have De Bruyne playing there and never saw him playing as number 8 so if Bernardo leave we should look at some midfielder with energy and that they are natural at that position.

Gutted that Bernardo wants out but such is life, but selling him then adding upwards of 40m for Grealish is an utter car crash of a deal in my opinion.

Bernardo wants to go to Spain, negotiate with Barca or Atletico for a swop deal, far better value and far better players available.

I rate Grealish, think he is a good player and will be even better if he comes to City. He appears to like our style of play and has not hidden his admiration for KDB. £110 is an awful lot of money though. It's such a pity that a deal may hinge on the departure of Bernardo whom I really do rate, he is one of my favourite players - he currently sends me my birthday greetings from the club! There isn't anything we can do if he wants to go though, especially if it is related to weather and wanting to be closer to home / family reasons. If that is true makes you realise how lucky we were to hang onto Dave and Sergio for so long.
I think the Mendy situation had a lot too do with it aswell. Hit him for six I think.

I think the Mendy situation had a lot too do with it aswell. Hit him for six I think.
Bulls%it on the Mendy story, he hates the climate, he hates living in the UK, but he loves the club.

Living in an apartment in the NW of England can't be fun for a guy used to wall to wall sunshine and heat, even more so during the last 18 months with the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.