Scotland at the Euros

Right, when pubs in Scotland stop having theme nights of the countries we play in World Cups, when you raise your game for anyone other than England, when half of Hampden Park don’t turn up in Argentina shirts when Scotland are playing them, I’ll believe you that your nation isn’t arsed about England.

We’ve been shit since 1990 but been in a Euros semi final, a World Cup semi final, a Euros quarter final and two World Cup quarter finals.

If we were good at penalties, we’d have been in a Euros final at Wembley against the Czech Republic, another two Euro semis and another World Cup semi.

We’ve qualified for 13 out of 15 tournaments since 1990. You’ve qualified for 3 out of the same 15.

I bet you wish Scotland were as shit as England.
No I wish we were as shit as France. If you gave me a choice. I am fed up being shit.

GIF-HERO-Patrik-Schick-goal.gif

Hit and hope mate ;)

Good luck at Wembley.
We'll need more than luck, we'll need a new coach.

This one will pick Pickford, 7 defenders, Kane and 2 others, and hope we win a shoot out if we can hold on long enough. He's f**king clueless, as he proved on Friday night, at least Scotland have the excuse of the players not being good enough, Southgate doesn't, we have some great attack minded flair players, he won't use anywhere near enough of them.

Jesus Christ don't flatter yourselves. You may be the centre of the football universe to you, no **** else. Those of us who love this game only glance your way, not because of the football you play, rather the hype about how you think you will play. Ever heard the expression, never the twain shall meet? That's England's self view, and the reality. It's funny. Nothing else. I love watching real teams whose hype isn't high, but whose class is. I loved watching you in 90. You were brilliant. Since then you have been shit. It's not that we all sit about hoping you are, you do that without us. If you play well, I will be the first to stand up and shout well fucking played lads. I'm still waiting. Tonight I'm about to watch the French and Portuguese fight it out. Excitement rising. Germany against Hungary. You play the 2nd places and I wish you well. Football people love the game and it's a sign of the arrogance that fucks us all off that you think, we think it's all about you. It never is, because you're never contenders and certainly not great to watch. Just enjoy your team and let us enjoy the football. Wether you are still in it or not. Good luck at Wembley.
Not sure how old you are mate but I wouldn’t rate the 1990 team as our best team. We scrapped through to the semis and put up a great display against a strong German team before bowing out with honour. Since then I would argue that our 1996 to 2006 teams were better, they just encountered a combination of better opposition and bad luck. Since then I agree, we have been poor, until now I would argue with our current crop of talented youngsters. As for arrogance you must be talking about a stupid minority because whilst our fan base does get giddy when we get a sniff of success (sound familiar???!!) we are generally quite self-depreciating about our position in the world order.

Not sure how old you are mate but I wouldn’t rate the 1990 team as our best team. We scrapped through to the semis and put up a great display against a strong German team before bowing out with honour. Since then I would argue that our 1996 to 2006 teams were better, they just encountered a combination of better opposition and bad luck. Since then I agree, we have been poor, until now I would argue with our current crop of talented youngsters. As for arrogance you must be talking about a stupid minority because whilst our fan base does get giddy when we get a sniff of success (sound familiar???!!) we are generally quite self-depreciating about our position in the world order.
That's one thing I enjoy about being on here. The vast majority don't buy the hype thing. I don't know if that's the same at other clubs, Dan Saff. The Mancs remind me of Glaswegians, brutally honest and not easily fooled, and I will also accept you had a good team in 96, I suppose I may be suffering from selective retention 're 90. But I did like how they played.

Not sure how old you are mate but I wouldn’t rate the 1990 team as our best team. We scrapped through to the semis and put up a great display against a strong German team before bowing out with honour. Since then I would argue that our 1996 to 2006 teams were better, they just encountered a combination of better opposition and bad luck. Since then I agree, we have been poor, until now I would argue with our current crop of talented youngsters. As for arrogance you must be talking about a stupid minority because whilst our fan base does get giddy when we get a sniff of success (sound familiar???!!) we are generally quite self-depreciating about our position in the world eam.
Aye that 96 team was good.
Cannot mind any other team after bar the team that beat the Germans 5/1.
Until his injuries took hold Owen was shit hot at any level.
All the rest for their talent and loads of caps were not as good at International level as they were at club level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.