Scammers

For a small fee paid in Bitco2ins I could solve it all for you.

Being serious it depends on the context. If its Ebay or Amazon or something like that then there should be a level of accountability.
My other half paid for a caravan through FB and sent money to his bank. Realised it was a scam told the bank on a Saturday , but never heard back till the Wednesday for them to follow up the inquiry. By that time money had gone fro his account. The bank says they cannot do anything
Just wondering if I could find his IP address or anything. Got the Fraud department on to item. But it will take weeks and tbh not expecting a result.

My other half paid for a caravan through FB and sent money to his bank. Realised it was a scam told the bank on a Saturday , but never heard back till the Wednesday for them to follow up the inquiry. By that time money had gone fro his account. The bank says they cannot do anything
Just wondering if I could find his IP address or anything. Got the Fraud department on to item. But it will take weeks and tbh not expecting a result.

Reporting it to the banks may be the best bet, fraud department too. I wouldn't think Facebook will be too willing to help either, unfortunately. If the bloke is halfway smart he'll probably delete his account too.

Sickening when this happens. Hopefully the fraud department (I presume police?) will be able to help. If it was a bank-to-bank transfer then you should at least have the details of the account the money went to which is a start, but often scammers are crafty b@stards and cover their tracks well.

Good luck.

The bank wont do anything. He has multiple accounts that I know , I am actually in contact with one of his aliases as I type this. Apparently he has mules taking the money through their accounts and passing it on.. cheers lads.

If only the twat takes the bait he will be taking a long journey in the back off our van to the Highlands ,stripped and he will get xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx injected if he doesnt pay up .

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm currently selling a couple of expensive Brompton Bikes... Tokyo Olympics Team GB special editions which sold out on the day of launch at Brompton...

I've got somebody who says they want to buy both and their friend will collect and pay me by bank transfer while here.. Can a bank transfer be reversed at all in case this person is legitimate and does show up?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.