Scammers

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm currently selling a couple of expensive Brompton Bikes... Tokyo Olympics Team GB special editions which sold out on the day of launch at Brompton...

I've got somebody who says they want to buy both and their friend will collect and pay me by bank transfer while here.. Can a bank transfer be reversed at all in case this person is legitimate and does show up?
Paypal? look at the fee as an insurance payment or raise the price by a percent or two to cover it.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm currently selling a couple of expensive Brompton Bikes... Tokyo Olympics Team GB special editions which sold out on the day of launch at Brompton...

I've got somebody who says they want to buy both and their friend will collect and pay me by bank transfer while here.. Can a bank transfer be reversed at all in case this person is legitimate and does show up?
This may help:

Banks offer more support to customers who make online banking slip ups | This is Money

That has scam written all over it, either they are going to turn up and pretend to pay with a fake app on the phone then claim there is some sort of delay or they will use a hacked account to send the money, the only way you can be safe is if you ask to see government photo ID and the bank card the bt payment is coming from, take pictures of them, and don't under any circumstances let's the bike go untill you see the money in your account, it's always handy to ask them to send £1. In advance they the remainder will clear quicker, but the I'd and bank card advice still applies, also the I'm going to send a friend thing has red flags all over it...

That has scam written all over it, either they are going to turn up and pretend to pay with a fake app on the phone then claim there is some sort of delay or they will use a hacked account to send the money, the only way you can be safe is if you ask to see government photo ID and the bank card the bt payment is coming from, take pictures of them, and don't under any circumstances let's the bike go untill you see the money in your account, it's always handy to ask them to send £1. In advance they the remainder will clear quicker, but the I'd and bank card advice still applies, also the I'm going to send a friend thing has red flags all over it...
I spoke to the guy who’s “buying them” tonight .. sounded oriental.. He’s not local i.e. he doesn’t live near me so his friend from Oswestry who’s in Liverpool tomorrow is coming on the way home. I asked him to bring ID when I spoke to him but the guy I spoke to will be paying once the guy who’s coming has checked over the bikes and confirmed they’re legit.

I have no intention of letting the bikes go until I see a cleared payment into my bank account (they cost me £3700 for the pair after all) so that will be the acid test.

A woman some years ago came to look at a car I was selling.. paid £500 into my account as a deposit then agreed to come back the following weekend for the car with the remainder of the balance.. Long story short, she called me in the week that followed as her Nigerian partner wanted to pay me a bigger deposit… I declined and told her I’d take the rest on collection.. after a no show and a few excuses like being hospitalised I gave them two weeks to collect… they never came so I kept the deposit. The police weren’t interested and the bank said they couldn’t return the £500 so we spent it on a weekend in the lakes

Two weeks later a couple came to see the car, loved it and the woman gave me £10k that she’d brought in her handbag to pay for it :-D

Take cash only.
If a bank transfer is fraudulently done the bank can reverse the transaction.

Guys in the states who go after the scammers, if you have the time take a look at thi video, very informative and very funny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.