Sterling and the hate he gets

at least have the decency to quote the entire passage for context

FWIW I really like the player and always back him when people give him grief at Etihad but I do know why he frustrates fans, just look at that game via the rags where he missed at least 3 one on ones to finish the game.
He has all the talent in the world and if he could nail the one on one he would be genuine world class

"Although not his fault and I don't blame him, his selection in Champions league final was the reason we lost, primarily because Pep felt he had to shoehorn him into the team."
After 5 years of Pep and everything hes won and what we know about him, you think Pep feels obliged to shoehorn players into his starting 11? Wow, thats just a bizarre opinion.

After 5 years of Pep and everything hes won and what we know about him, you think Pep feels obliged to shoehorn players into his starting 11? Wow, thats just a bizarre opinion.
Well explain to me why Sterling started and we never played with a Defensive midfielder despite doing it all season

The diving rhetoric by pundits and the rest of the media is quite an obvious ploy in my mind. They're just setting Sterling's reputation up for next season so no ref's will award a penalty for us when he gets hacked to the ground. Don't know why they're worried as we miss more than we score anyway.
You've almost hit the nail on the head, his diving for England which he is rewarded for works against City. I agree the media use this against him and in turn against City. Saying that, he is refereed harsher than any other player in Premier league I can think of in the box and should receive many more penalties for City.

Well explain to me why Sterling started and we never played with a Defensive midfielder despite doing it all season
We did, he played Gundogan there. I don't need to explain it, Pep made a decision and it didnt work out. Why did Mahrez go missing? Why did Benardo have a stinker? Why did Rudiger take De Bruyne out of the game? Nothing to do with shoe horning players into the side, all to do with Pep picking the eleven he thought would win the game and for many reasons we didn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.