Is Manchester a tough place to live in?

The last time I worked in Manchester was 1984, and the office was opposite the Express building. It is now a Travelodge! The nearest I get these days is the Etihad, MRI, or if I'm swapping trains at Piccadilly station.
I suppose I'm "lucky", as I've never been into the social "scene", and avoided discos like the plague, as I can't stand soul!
The few times I have been into town in the last 15 years, it looks more grubby at every visit. (I was going to say dirty, but that would have been an understatement).
But then again, I'm not a native Mancunian. I'm really a country boy, being born and bred in Ashton -under-Lyne, where barm cakes are tea cakes, tea cakes are current tea cakes, and oven bottoms are muffins.
;-)

"Manchester? Never been there, don't know where it is." said a "lifelong" rag fan.

Yes it's unrecognisable from a few years ago sadly.
The city centre accommodation is only for the wealthy and we have a massive housing crisis.
Also don't feel safe on nights out in Manchester anymore, full of idiots.
I fell out of love with Manchester a long time ago, just want to live in the lake district when I can afford it.

More than happy living in Manchester. However I’m lucky to live in a nice suburb with fantastic access to the city centre, airport and motorway network, and with decent restaurants, pubs and bars. It has good sporting and entertainment facilities and lots of green space along the river. It’s a shame that there are large areas of the city that are nothing like this.

i live in ancoats ? (new islington) and see plenty of city players and staff around the cutters square and nobody cares
they just mix in and the people just go about there daily routine. i just smile and give them nod when i see somebody from the club.

but am still a ancoats lad and love manchester so know the score and you can see things different.
i will say manchester has become a new city and the youth with money are flooding into manchester and the canals running through manchester with living in blocks of apartments everywhere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.