Harry Kane

And by the time he comes round to fulfilling that potential he will be demanding a huge pay increase or running his contract down to leave on a cut price deal.
Even if so we sell at a price to reimburse initial outlay, it's a no Brainer IF he is available

And by the time he comes round to fulfilling that potential he will be demanding a huge pay increase or running his contract down to leave on a cut price deal.

Have to say this is a good point. Look at what Mbappe has done. Strong rumours Chelsea don't want to close Haaland because his camp required a release clause in his contract.

Transfer fees at this level have become so ridiculous that clubs can't afford to pay them. We'll see a lot more players running down their contracts.

They also talk more freely. I have no doubt in my mind, the Kanes have been told by Levy they can go when a fee agreed, that was the breaking point for this move. I also suspect £160 mill is Spurs starting point. There will be negotiating now to do. It'll get done.
We will pay nowhere near that amount, 120m tops and that would be with a player/cash and the value of the player we let them have would be over valued

For those who are more interested in celebrity then yes, it might have affected his standing in their eyes.
Shearer was the very best in his position for many years and if anything, doing the business every season for an inferior team actually works in his favour when discussing how good he is.
I'm not sure how seriously I can take the opinions of those who try and put down a player just because he didn't go weak at the knees when one of the so called big boys came knocking. Especially when that player still holds records that some of the world's superstars couldn't break whilst playing in the Premier league.
I watched him in action for Blackburn when they played us at Maine Road, he was magnificent, almost unplayable, outstanding player.

After the serious knee injury, to me he was never the same player, yes still a great goal scorer but not the once unplayable footballer.

Alan Shearer at his best was night and day a better player than Harry Kane has ever been.

There are many stories about Shearer and the Rags, whatever the truth, he should have gone there at the time and not Newcastle, the latter was a stupid, emotional move.

The angle regarding Guardiola’s contract Is interesting - dare I say it purchasing Kane could have parallels to that lot buying Van Persie when they did.

The finance angle is really why I was so surprised that we were ready to jump into bed with the Super League idea - it would have helped us financially, but less so than for the others, and at the end of the day it’s all relative.

I’m sure the club will only proceed with any major outlays if they think it will work financially, but the cost of inaction is probably a lot lower than it would be in a normal environment.
I don't think we were that keen on joining the super league,it was more the thought of the ship sailing that forced our hand

I really can't believe some people are in denial about this.

So far he's done a interview with the highest profile football pundit on Sky Sports saying he wants to win trophies needs a discussion about his future with the club and even mentioned a potential fee, he also said he'd like to play with De Bruyne.

Now there's a FRONT page splash in the biggest selling newspaper in the country stating source names, dates and where he said he'd be moving to.

The Sun and Sky Sports news ffs, he'll be calling into Talksport talking about his squad number next.

It's probably the most stage managed exit I've ever seen from a PL player, reminds me of when the Barca players used to come out telling players to sign and they had Barca DNA.

Part of me thinks Spurs are in on it, there would have been an official statement otherwise.

Have to say this is a good point. Look at what Mbappe has done. Strong rumours Chelsea don't want to close Haaland because his camp required a release clause in his contract.

Transfer fees at this level have become so ridiculous that clubs can't afford to pay them. We'll see a lot more players running down their contracts.
Yep,Pogba apparently turned down an improved £350k a week contract....can go free at the end of next season.

For those who are more interested in celebrity then yes, it might have affected his standing in their eyes.
Shearer was the very best in his position for many years and if anything, doing the business every season for an inferior team actually works in his favour when discussing how good he is.
I'm not sure how seriously I can take the opinions of those who try and put down a player just because he didn't go weak at the knees when one of the so called big boys came knocking. Especially when that player still holds records that some of the world's superstars couldn't break whilst playing in the Premier league.
LOL about weak at their knees, when people on here are slagging off the clubs of Grealish and Keane, when they are doing everything to keep their players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.