Harry Kane

Can’t believe people are moaning about signing a 27 year old guy that scores for fun in the premier league even with a mediocre team and also moaning about one of the best young players in Europe . These two players will take us to to new heights and we will be fucking awesome .
You get the feeling some wish he would go to the rags, just so they can hate him that bit more.

Would you want to keep a player,your most influential on and off the pitch,if he was miserable and frustrated that his career was being damaged by the refusal to sanction his transfer request?
Good question.

It depends on the player, really. Luka Modric was desperate to join Chelsea in 2011 but Levy refused to sell. Modric went on to have an outstanding season before joining Real Madrid the following summer.

Kane, likewise, is desperate to join City this summer. My guess is that, if denied that opportunity, he will also act professionally. He has too much personal ambition and pride to waste a season by sulking or refusing to play or train to his utmost.

On the flip side, I could ask whether you would sell arguably the best all round striker / creator in the world; a home grown player; a talisman; the England captain; for less than you believe him to be worth when he still has 3 years remaining on his contract? That will be Daniel Levy’s stance.

Good question.

It depends on the player, really. Luka Modric was desperate to join Chelsea in 2011 but Levy refused to sell. Modric went on to have an outstanding season before joining Real Madrid the following summer.

Kane, likewise, is desperate to join City this summer. My guess is that, if denied that opportunity, he will also act professionally. He has too much personal ambition and pride to waste a season by sulking or refusing to play or train to his utmost.

On the flip side, I could ask whether you would sell arguably the best all round striker / creator in the world; a home grown player; a talisman; the England captain; for less than you believe him to be worth when he still has 3 years remaining on his contract? That will be Daniel Levy’s stance.
A talisman? We've had other Spurs fans on here saying he's not loved by the fans.

Good question.

Or whether you go bust

Why the fuck would anyone believe and rely in n gentleman’s agreement in this day and age?

profit above all else in all walks of life. You’re going to have to submit a request Harry mate

Get an 100.000 mile Ferrari with repair history this year for £160 mill. Or, a 45.000 mile one next year with no repair history for £70 mill?
Tough one.
Unfortunately ain't as simple as that, we might not even get Haaland next season, so we could miss out on Kane this season and then miss out on Haaland next season as someone else wiling to pay the agent more money.

I think the poll results are somewhat misleading, if the question was do you want us to sign Harry Kane assuming Haaland isn't available then the results would been in the 80-90% range?

I mean Kane's is a proven Premier league player and immediately improves our starting 11 and you would expect to continue with his scoring legacy.

The problem here is that there is a monster prodigy player who could (I won't say will here) easily become the most prolific striker on the planet in the correct team. We all know if we miss out on the first chance to sign before he joins a superclub will make any future transfer ridiculously expensive or nigh on impossible.

So if there was a third option or the poll was worded differently I'm sure the overall attitude would be completely different and I'd certainly be ticking that box as would many others.

Last edited:
Why the fuck would anyone believe and rely in n gentleman’s agreement in this day and age?

profit above all else in all walks of life. You’re going to have to submit a request Harry mate
If management or owners don't honour verbal agreements in the work place it leads to disgruntled employees

Good question.

Do you really want to keep your captain/talisman knowing he doesn’t want to be there and is desperate to leave?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.